JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Public Visitor to submit event?  Topic is solved

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby 99avant » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Is there a way for a public front end visitor to submit an event without needing to login?

Obviously, we would like to have the event approved(published) before it would be visible.

Thanks in advance.
99avant

Postby Geraint » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Not at the moment - your users need to be registered at least.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby crosis » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:42 am

Is there anyone I can pay to help me create a public submission and administrator approval process.

jevents is really great, but unless I can get people able to submit events for approval I will have to move to a system that does allow this (which frankly seems to be most of them). Really welcome feedback from anyone.

ta
Crosis
crosis

Postby eclombardo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:42 pm

This would be a fantastic feature. If it becomes available for the pro version I'm definitely buying. However I agree - I need a system where the public can submit an event, and I as administrator can review and approve before publishing. It's a sorely missed feature.

However that being said, so far I've enjoyed playing with the different features that area available and it really is a super extension. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into it!
eclombardo

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:45 pm

I'm working on a plugin to do this but it is fairly complex and should ideally incorporate Captcha too.

It could be a few weeks before its ready

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby eclombardo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Geraint, you are the best! I fully understand how difficult it is as well as time consuming. I can't wait to see the new function once it's ready. I hadn't even thought of captcha, you are absolutely right in incorporating it. Thank you!!
eclombardo

Postby cvongs » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Is this plugin available? I don't see it in the downloads area. Please and thank you!
cvongs
Gold Members

Postby cvongs » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Found it! Thanks anyways!
cvongs
Gold Members

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)