JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

conditional flag for events with no end time?

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby canadave » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi,

I'm running a rather ancient version of JEvents (1.5.0 RC), but I was just wondering how I can specify a conditional string in the Latest Events module that only is displayed if there is a start time for an event, but no specific end time? I tried using [e:] as per the instructions, but the [e:] flag seemed to have no effect; when I put it in the module string, it appeared on all events, regardless of whether there was an end time, and indeed regardless of whether it was an all-day event.

Basically I just want to have the latest events look like this:

Event A
12:00pm - 1:00pm

Event B
2:00pm

Event C
All Day

My current Latest Events module custom string looks like this:
[!a:${startDate(%l:%M%p)} - ${endDate(%l:%M%p)}][a:All Day]
${title}

I'm able to get Event A and Event C to display properly (with the [a:] and [!a:] flags), but Event B looks like this:

Event B
2:00pm -

That pesky dash is what I'm trying to get rid of :)

Anyway, thanks, I know 1.5 is ancient history, but it'd be great if someone can shove me in the right direction.
Last edited by canadave on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
canadave

Postby canadave » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Incidentally, I think the documentation is somewhat incorrect. It contains this bit:

"You can 'combine' these conditions e.g.

${startDate(%A %B %e)}[!a:, ${startDate(%l:%M %p)} - ${endDate(%l:%M %p)}][a: - All Day]

This would output something like this for an event with a start and end time

Sunday September 12, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

and

Sunday September 12 - All Day

for an event with no end time."

I've bolded the area that's incorrect. The last line should read "for an event that is an All Day event."
canadave

Postby canadave » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Ugh....

Okay, it looks like perhaps the 1.5.0 RC version does not support the "e:" flag for events with no end time. I would upgrade to a newer version, but I'm in the middle of our non-profit organization's festival, and I'm loathe to start messing about with upgrading JEvents until afterwards.

For now though, is there a .php file I could modify that would accomplish the same thing in terms of getting rid of the dash after the start time, for events that have no end time?
canadave

Postby Geraint » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:26 pm

ITs not easy - but you could look at the latest evnets module code in the layout you are using. I can't remember the function names in the code that old I'm afraid. Its changed a LOT since then.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)