Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

CalDAV support  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby DTAG » Tue May 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi guys!

We search a Joomla calendar with CalDAV support. The idea is the transport of events from the calendar to mobile clients.

Support JEvents this function? We would like to buy a premium version, too.

Best regards

Stefan
DTAG

Postby Geraint » Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 pm

I am actively working on it. I am about 30% of the way through and should have something to test in about 2 weeks.

This will be a gold member addon.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby DTAG » Wed May 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Can you send an information, when you finish this project?

Can we test your solution before buy a membership?

Regards

Stefan
DTAG

Postby Geraint » Wed May 23, 2012 2:46 pm

I will put a demo video together when its ready.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby JulieMunday » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Any news about the caldav project?
JulieMunday
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:56 am

Sorry - I hit a very busy patch. Things have quietened down a little now so I am back on the case.

I'll get back to you tomorrow with an update.
Geraint

Postby Geraint » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:56 am

I spent more time on this yesterday and am now able to fetch the events from a calendar into JEvents. I now need to get this working faster and to manage the creation of events too.
Geraint

Postby DTAG » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:04 am

Do you implement a CalDAV client, server or both?
DTAG

Postby Geraint » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:19 pm

It will be a server - the features I am implementing initially are for fetching and creating events. I'll not implement the creation of calendars during phase 1 and there will be limited 'discovery' capability.

BUT it will enable you to subscribe via CalDav, sign in and then if authorised to fetch and create the events. I'll either restrict the user to the calendars in JEvents that they have created or to any calendars (based on a config option).
Geraint

Postby richr » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:44 pm

We definitely be interested in testing this function.
We are working on a area wide sharing of local events of many joomla (and other systems)
richr

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)