JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Copy & migrate entire event file

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby johnMoss » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:22 pm

Where does one go to see if restrictions have been set?
johnMoss

Postby Geraint » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:41 pm

What Carlos is asking is if you saw the full set of categories as a series of checkboxes when you made you export? Did you select them all?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby johnMoss » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:14 pm

That's what we're thinking is the problem. The only category that displays on the export page is "default".
johnMoss

Postby Geraint » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:28 am

I figured out the problem - you must select the config option in your ical expor tmenu item to 'constrain the export'.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby johnMoss » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:46 pm

I think I understand, but in executing steps I am still getting nothing. Could you define step by step what to look for?
This is what I did so far:
1) I went into the menu item edit screen.
2) In Parameters (Component) I verified our event calendar in question was selected.
3) To be sure I also added the "Default Category" this time as well.
4) Opoening the JCal export screen, the only choice given (still...) is the default category.
5) When I check the calendar on this same page, specifically, clicking on the "See by Weeks" option for example, I clearly see all the events posted.
6) On the left, I have chosen the only category option, default, selected all years, and selected the retain formatting option.
7) I hit select, the page refreshes.
8) I click the download calendar hyperlink, and the download occurs.
9) The resultant file is empty; Only 1.8 KB in size, and verified empty by examining contents in Outlook.

If you can give me a specific walk-through that would be great, and if you've the time I can give you access to the calendar itself & see first-hand what's happening. Send me an email if you like & I'll provide access. Thanx again G... :)
johnMoss

Postby carcam » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Actually I think I found the problem. The point is that in the link you posted previously:

http://networkingeventfinders.cloudacce ... icals.ical

There is no "Itemid" option, so it does not matter the options you set on that menu item as it's not being loaded. To load the page correctly you also need to add the option
&Itemid=##

Where you should replace the ## with the id of the export menu you configured.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby johnMoss » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:16 am

I thank you for your input, but I am operating under a level of competence less than yours in regards to the use of this software. If I may, my previous post is quite specific, what are the step by step procedures to resolve this problem?
As responses come in, I simply do not know with certainty where to go to implement your suggestions. I also get the impression that I may be missing certain items of choice for failure to have properly set up the protocols... Seriously, thanx for your time; step by step would be great :)
johnMoss

Postby johnMoss » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:18 am

"Where you should replace the ## with the id of the export menu you configured."

Point in case: please define this maneuver step by step..
johnMoss

Postby Geraint » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:47 am

johnMoss wrote:I think I understand, but in executing steps I am still getting nothing. Could you define step by step what to look for?
This is what I did so far:
1) I went into the menu item edit screen.
2) In Parameters (Component) I verified our event calendar in question was selected.
3) To be sure I also added the "Default Category" this time as well.
4) Opoening the JCal export screen, the only choice given (still...) is the default category.
5) When I check the calendar on this same page, specifically, clicking on the "See by Weeks" option for example, I clearly see all the events posted.
6) On the left, I have chosen the only category option, default, selected all years, and selected the retain formatting option.
7) I hit select, the page refreshes.
8) I click the download calendar hyperlink, and the download occurs.
9) The resultant file is empty; Only 1.8 KB in size, and verified empty by examining contents in Outlook.

If you can give me a specific walk-through that would be great, and if you've the time I can give you access to the calendar itself & see first-hand what's happening. Send me an email if you like & I'll provide access. Thanx again G... :)

You need to select the 'constrain the export' option - this will lock the categories by adding the Itemid automaticall (as Carlos highlights). It sounds as though the problem is that not all your categories are visible in the menu item parameters.

Can you upload a partial screenshot of how you configured your iCal export menu item?

Also 1.8K is not empty - can you open the downloaded file and open it in a text editor (NOT in a calendar). What does it contain?

thanks
Geraint

Postby johnMoss » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:55 pm

"Constrain the export" in this exact syntax is mot found in the menu item screen. The parameters menu does use this word, but differently. I'll post the screen shots...
johnMoss

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)