JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Copy & migrate entire event file

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby johnMoss » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:22 pm

OK, I'm leading you on a goose chase. Sorry... I just checked the file, it appears to be empty. I shall download again from the source & see if it populates...
johnMoss

Postby johnMoss » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:33 pm

It appears the JCal export is not populating the exporting file. The calendar is loaded with events. I select the year option buttons, preserve the formatting, & select the download. It downloads, but the events are not contained.
johnMoss

Postby johnMoss » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:39 pm

I am verifying the file with outlook. It comes up empty... file aize shows to be like 2K bytes; essentially nothing...
johnMoss

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Ouch..

Can you check that you have selected info?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby johnMoss » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:47 pm

I assume you are referring to the ICal export page to perform the download? I do not see that option.
johnMoss

Postby Tonyp » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 am

What version of JCal pro are you using?

See:

http://anything-digital.com/jcal-pro/do ... xport.html

But as we are JEvents I am not sure on how their system works, so cannot guide you in the correct export method.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby johnMoss » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Hmm... part of the problem also? I do not see that it has been installed. I do not find anything in plug-in or component managers which specifically state JCal Pro. The option to set-up mass transfer was installed per counsel given in this post; i.e. whatever is included in our JEvents package. "The option" to set up an ICal Export format was activated via creating the menu item. Is this a situation where JEvents is doing it's part to accomodate additional software that is not in place?
Forgive my ineptitude, I did not partipate in the build-out of this site and have not adequately studied the use of its components. Baptism by fire as it were... Thank you VM for the walk-through here :)
johnMoss

Postby Geraint » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:34 pm

A misunderstanding I think - ICal and JCal can look similar at a quick glance. There is no need to install JCal Pro or any third party software.

Step 1. Create a new menu item on the old site - type JEvents and then select iCal Export.
Step 2. Use this menu item to export all your old events.
Step 3. Import these to your new site - create a calendar in the backend of JEvents and select the type import from URL and use the URL you generate in step 2 to import the events.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby johnMoss » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi Geraint,
Quick note off topic... we will officially be joining your club, we have several items we want to make happen that I suspect you've already built out components for... I'm working for free on this in the moment, and as funding avails itself we'll move to the next level...
That said, thank you for your time in this.
I have performed the above and all does as it should, except that when downloading the file from the original source, it remains devoid of the events in question. Read through the above posts and you;ll see what transpired. In support of that info, here is a link to what I am seeing: http://networkingeventfinders.cloudacce ... icals.ical

Could this be a category issue? Default is indeed the calendar being used, but all of the entries are posted to a category "San Diego". There is no option to choose SD in the category box. Thanx again...
johnMoss

Postby carcam » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:45 am

Did you set up any restriction in the menu item for export? It only allows getting Default category.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)