JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Copy & migrate entire event file

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby johnMoss » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:31 am

Hi Gang,
New member & please forgive the question, but I'm not sure how I would word the query in the forum search box.
What I'm out to do is what I believe to be an ICAL migration. We want to take an entire loaded event file from one portion of our site and install into another.

Essentially what we're up to is one particular subdomain of our site currently has about 300 events loaded into it.

We will be creating new subdomains, and each time we do so, we want to be able to load all current information from an existing subdomain into another one.

Rather than do so by rewriting info into the new domain, I assume there is a plug-in or script I can use to capture all the data & simply dump into the new database?

If this topic has been covered could I please get a link to the discussion...

Thanx a bunch! :)
johnMoss

Postby carcam » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:31 am

With JEvents you can export your events info into an ics file and also import ics info into their calendars. It's also possible to automatize these tasks through a Cronjob so you should be able to keep your calendars sync.

I hope these answer your question.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby johnMoss » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Thank you carcam, I will research your comments and get back if I've any further questions. Thank you for heads up :)
johnMoss

Postby johnMoss » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Again, apologies... I am not seeing anything such as an export button in either the back-end or front-end configurations. I have looked at the menus, the events; nothing... Where is the export button, and is it configured in such a way as to export a entire file en masse?
Better yet, is there walk-through documentation you can link me to? I would assume it's in the help files, but a google search using a variety of search terminologies regarding this is not coming up...
Thanx again...
johnMoss

Postby Geraint » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Create a new menu Item in Joomla, choose JEvents and then ical export.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby johnMoss » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:51 pm

OK I have a file downloaded in .ics format. Ready to upload, question is how. I'm looking everywhere & don't see the option to do so and can find no info onthre topic other than that the capability exists. Thanx again...
johnMoss

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Hello,

Go to Jevents, Calendar. Create a new calendar and select upload from file when creating a new calendar.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby johnMoss » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Thank you... Done... It's loaded, published, but nothing displays. Category was set to default, but when saved, the category does indeed list it as default, but not the green checkbox. I take it I've neglected one final step here?
johnMoss

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:18 pm

So do you have any events in the Manage Events?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby johnMoss » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:20 pm

yes, but they were pre-existing loads. Nothing new is showing.
johnMoss

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)