JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Convert datas from 1.4.3 to higher version... impossible :(  Topic is solved

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby dvs2205 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi,

First of all I want to say I have been looking for hour before posting here.

I am trying to export all the datas of a 1.4.3SVN version of JEvents, running on Joomla 1.0.13 to a fully new website based on Joomla 2.5 and JEvents 2.1

So I am trying to export the datas from JEvents 1.4.3 to 1.5.4 so I will be able to export an iCal and reimport in the JEvents 2.1 on Joomla 2.5.
I think I am right until here.

I tried many way :

- Exporting with the jeventsmigrator_export.php from Joomla 1.0.13 and import in Joomla 1.5. This is not working. I get the file .txt then I put it in the Joomla 1.5 file then try to import and I get a blank page. This creates no new table in the DB. So the legacy tool don't work if I try anyway.

- I tried importing manually the tables from JEvent 1.4.3 in the the new Joomla 1.5 database and use the convert legacy events. It still does work. I get a 500 error because it is unable to find : administrator/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=config.convert

- I tried installing 1.4.3 of JEvents on Joomla 1.5. Worked fine. I imported the old tables from joomla 1.0.13. So I get 1.4.3 working on Joomla 1.5.26 but once again, the convert legacy events tools does'nt work. Same 500 error and unable to find administrator/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=config.convert

So I am now trying to install JEvents 1.5.4b on Joomla 1.0.13 to convert directly from the old platform. But I can't install it. It can't find the xml file.

So please help me! I don't know what to do anymore. I am stuck.

Thank you for your attention and help!

PS: To install JEvents on Joomla 1.5 I had to change the config.php file to update the charset parameter to ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8; as mentionned on a post in the forum. Maybe it can be a clue?
dvs2205

Postby Geraint » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Jevents 1.5 will not install in Joomla 1.0

You should upgrade to Joomla 1.5 with JEvents 1.4.3 and then to the migration to JEvents 1.5.6

If you get a blank screen enable maximum error reporting in your joomla config (server tab) it may then throw up some useful error messages.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby dvs2205 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Thank you so much for giving me the maximum error advice...!!
This way I got the error : Fatal error: Cannot redeclare quoted_printable_encode() in ... on line 74

Then I just deleted this function in the vcard.php file and the import worked fine! Hope this was not too useful for the importation...

My events seem well imported now :)
Big step forward! You're my man ^^

Hope I will deal with the iCal export/import easily now :)
dvs2205

Postby dvs2205 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:19 pm

I just realised the maximum error tip was in the red box at the top of every windows on this forum... I am such a dumb person and you such a good one for giving me the answer anyway....!
dvs2205

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)