JEvents 1.4

Not able to save config after reinstall!

Postby Ixelink » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi Geraint,

Still not really knowing who exactly to talk to, I have reinstalled the calender Events to try to solve my earlier problem, but now the configuration doesn't even let itself be saved anymore.
CHMOD 775 com_events/lib/config.php doesn't help. Strangely enough making it impossible to write at all (CHMOD 400 f.i.) still showes the lines "Configuration is writable" in admin!
Am I looking at the wrong config.php? I am sinking deeper in the swomp here.

Could you possibly release me? :?

Regards,

Maarten

PS: Joomla! 1.5.9 DutchJoomla! Production/Stable in legacy mode, Events 1.4.3 RC2
Ixelink
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:53 am

For the old events component you need events_config.ini.php in the admin path
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Ixelink » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:21 am

Hi Geraint,

Yes, ok, I did CHMOD that one into 775 already, and you're right: turning it into 400 does indeed make it unwritable. So now it's 775 again...
But why can't I save the configuration then?

Regards,

Maarten

PS: could you (after my config can be saved) please also answer my other post about the not complete working Events....

-------------update:

I've looked at this events_config.ini.php and it seems indeed that it has been saved, but without the data. What could have caused that? Something with the database?

Code: Select all
<php die( 'Restricted access' ); ?>
;
; created by EventsConfig at Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:56:37 +0200
; Please do not edit
;
Ixelink
Bronze Members

Postby Ixelink » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:19 pm

So the date has been saved, but none of the filled in parameters. Strange, huh? I don't know for sure, but possibly it may have to do with the fact that I uninstalled Events and after that reinstalled it again. I wanted to remake a fresh install, but now all I have is an even worse working Events....

Geraint, is it possible that you give a hint?

Regards,

Maarten
Ixelink
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:08 pm

To be honest all my effort is going into JEvents club support and where I have extra time supporting JEvents 1.5. I don't have time to support 1.4.3 as well - is there a reason why you don't user JEvents 1.5?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Ixelink » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi Geraint,

Thanks for your answer.
I highly appreciate your help to any of us! I use 1.4.3 (unfortunately, but also to my satisfaction) because the hosting doesn't support PHP5!
Only PHP4, and there's nothing I can do about it!

Regards,

Maarten

PS: Is events_config.ini.php the only file that needs CHMOD 775 (or similar)?

I now get the impression that uninstall took more away than the reinstall replaced, but that's just an assumption...
Ixelink
Bronze Members

Postby Ixelink » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:56 pm

you seem to leave me alone with my problem, so I'll probably have to look for another Calender.
too bad... :cry:
Ixelink
Bronze Members

Return to JEvents 1.4