JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Retrieve Event Start Date / End Date  Topic is solved

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby HowdyMcGee » Wed May 30, 2012 5:00 pm

I've been playing around with the calendar code and trying to modify it so it shows text events instead of in a calendar form. I can't seem to find the events start / end date in the database though. There is 'dtstart' and 'dtend' inside vevdetail table but its numbers like 1339246800 - What kind of format is that and how can I convert it to actual date-time format?
HowdyMcGee

Postby Tonyp » Wed May 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Hello,

This is the international standard ICAL format.

We have functions which convert it built in.

I do not quite get what you are trying to achieve? Why not just create a template over ride? and remove the structure? the list format should be sufficient though no?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby HowdyMcGee » Thu May 31, 2012 3:21 am

I wasn't quite sure how to do that so I just made an ajax function to pull events from the database and split them into categories. In the long run they are going in a tabbed module so different people can view different events in a list format. OK so I need to research ICAL format I suppose and see how to convert it over. Thanks!
HowdyMcGee

Postby Tonyp » Thu May 31, 2012 7:11 am

Oh ok, well we do have a tabbed module available for dates see:
http://www.jevents.net/en/home-topmenu- ... ts-modules

You might also, find this helpful:
http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... jevents-15
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby HowdyMcGee » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:09 am

Yeah the way we have it going is we are busting up the tabs into gaming categories and pulling categories from the database and putting them into their section of the tabbed content. Anyway turns out it's just a unix timestamp so I just convert it via date();
HowdyMcGee

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)