JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Modifying latest module  Topic is solved

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Geraint » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:42 pm

In the method getUserMailtoLink in the file I referred to above you'll see

$userdet->username

being used in a few places - you would need to change this to

$userdet->name

Note that you can also create Joomla contact entries for your event creators and Jevents will automatically match up the creators to the contacts and use the contact system for messaging.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby reditech » Sun May 06, 2012 12:35 am

I now also want to display the name on icalevent.detail_body rather than username. In the core jevents fields list there is no option for the name, it only displays the creator username.

Thanks for your help
reditech

Postby Geraint » Sun May 06, 2012 8:06 am

version 2.1.18 has changed this to name by default and in version 2.1.19 we'll offer a config option.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby reditech » Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 am

Hi

I am not sure we are still talking about the same thing. I have updated to version JEvents v2.1.18 Stable but cannot see name in the drop down list of fields. I have attached some screen shots to demonstrate the screens I am referring to.
Attachments
detail layout example.png
detail layout example.png (28.93 KiB) Viewed 836 times
icalevent_detail_body_layout.png
icalevent_detail_body_layout.png (71.44 KiB) Viewed 836 times
reditech

Postby Geraint » Tue May 08, 2012 7:41 am

Sorry - I thought you were using a Joomla contact entry for this user. You're actually just using a mailto link is that correct?

If so then change line 630 or components/com_jevents/libraries/jeventshtml.php to read:
Code: Select all
$contactlink = JHTML::_('email.cloak', $userdet->email, 1, $userdet->name, 0);
Geraint

Postby reditech » Wed May 09, 2012 6:21 am

No it is not a mailto link, I just want to display the name of the user on the page. I have edited Event Details Page under layout defaults and selected creator from the field list. It is then displaying the username eg orangetheatreco rather than the name, Orange Theatre Co. There is no option in the drop down list on event details page for name, only creator.

Thanks for all your help.
reditech

Postby Geraint » Wed May 09, 2012 9:03 am

You want the name of the creator and for this not to be a link?
Geraint

Postby reditech » Wed May 09, 2012 9:06 am

Hi

Yes the name of the creator (not the username) and for it not to be a link.

Thanks
reditech

Postby Geraint » Wed May 09, 2012 9:26 am

There is a config option for this "View mail" on the event detail tab in Jevents config (it also affects list views)
Geraint

Postby reditech » Wed May 09, 2012 10:24 am

Fantastic as it is now showing the name but it is still hyperlinked with an emailto link. I don't want it hyperlinked.
reditech

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)