JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

SOLVED - Where is my hour when import .ics from google cal?

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Malkav14n » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi, this is my first message in this forum (and i want to appologize for my bad english).

I have a problem. I have my site in joomla 1.5 and I put jEvents on it (com_jevents_2.0.11.zip).

I have a google calendar: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=41l75ivq6g2pth3u9vpb4gr0us%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Madrid where I have create a event: today at 9am

I make a .ics file and import this file in joomla administrator page, I do this in jEvent component.

When i watch the information in my site, i see this:

Miércoles, 11 Abril 2012 (date ok)
:00 (not hour)
Office (XP, 2003 y 2007), Project XP, PhotoShop CS, Internet, Sist. Información por admin :: Fechas de Exámenes

What is the problem with time?

* my site is in local server, all with WebServ-1.3.4.0.exe
Malkav14n

Postby Geraint » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:09 pm

Some versions of PHP/webservers are unable to display the hour field from strftime (see http://php.net/manual/en/function.strftime.php)

Can you make sure your webbrowser and PHP version is up to date ideally php 5.3.10
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Malkav14n » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Ok

The php version in WebServ 1.3.4.0 is 5.2.3...

did you think that it's necesary update my php?
Malkav14n

Postby Geraint » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:56 am

PHP 5.2.3 is 5 years old and they have fixed a lot of bugs since then - I would recommend upgrading your version of php

OR if the site is in development on your localserver you could ignore this problem for the time being since its likely to work fine on a production server with up to date software.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Malkav14n » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:40 am

The first thing I did yesterday when i readed your answer was send a mail to prodution team to know the php version.

But, i try to put new version, because i have more problems... perhaps is the same problem.

When i try to configure jevents with a url from ics google calendar, joomla shows this message:

Code: Select all
file_get_contents() failed, try fsockopen
fsockopen: no connect for [URL]https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/[/URL]...

I have this line without comment:

Code: Select all
extension=php_openssl.dll 

did you think that this problem is php version too?
Malkav14n

Postby Malkav14n » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:41 am

And... a lot of thanks, Geraint.
Malkav14n

Postby Geraint » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:59 am

Check your php info to see if it has support for file_get_contents to open a URL (http://php.net/manual/en/function.file-get-contents.php) and if your server supports fsockopen as an alternative
Geraint

Postby Malkav14n » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Hello again.

I have two problems.

a) I have JEvents 2.0 (Joomla 1.5). I want to ask for apologize for my error in the forum. can you move this thread?

b) My application:

- The "production" team answer my question about the version of PHP: 5.2.5

- I make a little exercise to know about fsockopen... a little code in browser say me: "Enabled" but don't work

what can I do?
Malkav14n

Postby Geraint » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:25 am

PHP 5.2.5 is almost 5 years old (see http://php.net/ChangeLog-5.php#5.2.5) and may be the cause of your problems.
Geraint

Postby Malkav14n » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:21 am

Yes, I know that... but

can I do something to make it works?

Or put the hour in the information or make that my portal read the url of my google calendar...
Malkav14n

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)