JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Mini Calendar tooltip  Topic is solved

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby simonolney » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi,

I have downloaded the geraint sample Calendar.PHP from http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... dar-module and put it in /templates/mytemplate/html/mod_jevents_cal/.

However this has no effect on the tooltips (which still say "Go to calendar - current day" for every event on the calendar).

Can you please tell me where I might be going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Joomla 1.5.15, JEvents 1.5.5
simonolney

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:17 am

Did you change my_template to ja_purity of whatever template you are using?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby simonolney » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 am

I did change it. The actual path is: ....\templates\gtbpc12\html\mod_jevents_cal\calendar.php

Forgot to mention, I also included the sample CSS in the template's CSS file.

If it is any help, I also implemented the sample from "Linking directly to the event if you have only one event on that day" which worked immediately.
simonolney

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:48 am

the path you want is templates\gtbpc12\html\mod_jevents_cal\default\calendar.php or templates\gtbpc12\html\mod_jevents_cal\geraint\calendar.php etc.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby simonolney » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks Geraint,

Putting it in templates\gtbpc12\html\mod_jevents_cal\default\calendar.php had no effect.

Putting it in templates\gtbpc12\html\mod_jevents_cal\geraint\calendar.php caused the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'GeraintModCalView' not found in /..../modules/mod_jevents_cal/mod_jevents_cal.php on line 42
simonolney

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:44 pm

chnge AlternativeModCalView to GeraintModCalView at line 16
Geraint

Postby simonolney » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:39 pm

That's done the trick.

Many thanks for your help
simonolney

Postby bale » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:54 pm

I have tried this trick with my template :
I used alternative template and i put the override like this path :

zt_design25/html/mod_jevents_cal/alternative/calendar.php

in my component i set to alternative layout, and in the JEvents Calendar module i set to alternative in choose layout view.

But the tooltip still doesn't work, it just said "Go to calendar-current day".

I used Joomla 2.5.4 and JEvents v2.1.15b Stable.

Please help me with this tooltip...
bale

Postby Tonyp » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Hello Bale,

Did you download the tooltip over ride? where did the calendar.php file come from?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby bale » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:49 am

Thanks tony,
i've been move this issue to this thread
http://www.jevents.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13803
bale

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)