JEvents 1.4

not more than one category working!

Postby Ixelink » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi All,

I've installed and completely adapted JEvents for this website to fit in, and it looks very good with events from one single category working, but: no other category can show any events. I can create them, but they don't show up in the frontend.
As it is not possible to search in this forum for a word like php, I can't find if it might be caused by the PHP4 that my hosting seems to be using.
But on the other hand why does a single category work then?

Could please anyone explain what causes this?

Regards,

Maarten

PS: I use JEvents 1.4 on Joomla 1.5 legacy......, but evidently with PHP4!
Ixelink
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:34 am

Check your menu parameters - you probably restrcited it to one category ;)
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Ixelink » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:17 am

Hi Geraint,
Thanks for the answer, I absolutely hope that it's all there has to do be done!! I've searched so long...
Is that a parameter that's set to one category by default? Because I don't think I've set that myself.
And where can I change that parameter? I have no clue yet, because I think I've looked everywhere while trying to solve this!

Regards,

Maarten
Ixelink
Bronze Members

Postby Ixelink » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:29 am

Hi Geraint,

Can you please explain where to look?

I can't see it in Configuration. Where else than?

Regards,
Maarten
Ixelink
Bronze Members

Postby Ixelink » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:55 am

I seem to have lost the grip on this. In my administrator/components I find the installed Events from JEvents Project Group, but it displays a name like JEvents; that's the one I'm using. I've also installed JEvents, but unpublished, and strangely that is from GWE Systems Ltd!!!!
Are we talking about the same JEvents?

If so, where are these menu parameters?

Regards,

Maarten

PS: I think that I have the right JEvents.
Last edited by Ixelink on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ixelink
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:21 pm

My company is called GWE Systems Ltd and therefore owns the copyright of all the recent development of JEvents 1.5 (i.e. everything since ~ last summer)

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Ixelink » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi Geraint,

Nice to hear from you. Can you tell me what I am using then, as I see the JEvents logo in the backend, but the mod that I use is Events by JEvents Project Group.
Is that someone else?

Maarten
Ixelink
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:31 pm

What version numbers do you see in the backend?
Geraint

Postby Ixelink » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi Geraint,

I had something else to do, sorry about the delay. My JEvents (mod: Events) version is 1.4.3 RC2.
Can you draw a conclusion from that? Perhaps that that's the reason why I can't find menu parameters...! :? . . ... .. .

Regards,

Maarten
Ixelink
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:54 am

In your components menu do you have "JEvents" (1.4.x) or "JEvents MVC" (1.5.x)?
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 1.4