Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Can't Upload Events CSV

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby jevans » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Hello! I am trying to set up a calendar to import events from an uploaded CSV file. I am using Joomla 1.5.23 and JEvents 2.0.11 Stable.

I created a new calendar set to check a URL. I started off using the sample CSV as a test file to see if the process works. Here is what I have in the CSV:

"CATEGORIES","SUMMARY","LOCATION","DESCRIPTION","CONTACT","X-EXTRAINFO","DTSTART","DTEND","TIMEZONE","RRULE"
"Dancing","Polka Competition","Dance Hall","This is a one off Polka Competition that runs overnight","Dance school","","6.00pm 27 September 2010","5.00pm 28 September 2010","Europe/Berlin",""

But when I click the "update" icon I get the following error:

Not valid CSV file uploaded - mandatory cols CATEGORIES, SUMMARY, DTSTART, DTEND and TIMEZONE are required. Fix your CSV please.

0 iCal events processed
ICS_FILE_IMPORTED

I'm doing this import from the back end. Is there something I'm missing or a server requirement that I'm not aware of? I've tried cutting the CSV to just the "mandatory" columns as described in the error message to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
jevans

Postby Tonyp » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 pm

You do not have a valid file.

please see:

http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... csv-format

Try importing that .csv snippet.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby jevans » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Thanks, Tonyp. I created a new test CSV file using the example code from that page but continue to get the same error. You can see the CSV I'm using here (one with each field wrapped in quotes (as created manually from the example page) and the other not (as generated by Excel):

http://www.justinbevans.com/stuff/test-import.csv
http://www.justinbevans.com/stuff/test-import-quotes.csv
jevans

Postby Tonyp » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Hello,

I have just tested and imported your test-import-quotes.csv

Can you check your sites time zone? and in Joomla to make sure they match the importing timezone?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby GreySheep » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi

I'm having a similar problem. I have tried both with and without a header line. The (current) format only has a few items of data and so the first two lines look like

"Racing","Start","","","","","20120513T173000","","",""
"Racing","Start","","","","","20120909T171500","","",""
and I get two error messages

file_get_contents() failed, try fsockopen
in amber
and
Not a valid VCALENDAR data file: /tmp/phpevsyVX
in red

any clues as to what I am doing wrong????
Regards
GreySheep
Gold Members

Postby carcam » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:45 pm

It seems the same problem as on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13209&hilit=fsockopen#p67475
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:24 am

GreySheep wrote:I have tried both with and without a header line. The (current) format only has a few items of data and so the first two lines look like

"Racing","Start","","","","","20120513T173000","","",""
"Racing","Start","","","","","20120909T171500","","",""
and I get two error messages

1. the header line is critical - it won't work without this
2. Can you try it as a file upload instead of as a URL
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby GreySheep » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:16 am

Hi

Many thanks, it worked as a url and with the header back on the first line.

Now I have an issue trying to work out the correct format for the end date and time when the event has no specific end time. if I use all zeros it shows an end time of 12:00am. How do I get it to leave the time blank?
GreySheep
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:52 am

try 235959
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)