Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Calendar popup background transparent

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Tonyp » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:29 am

mgratez,

You will it if you know how to use it. As stated earlier once you have hovered over the tip the code is added to the end of the source.

Here is the css you need.
Code: Select all
.tip {

background-color: #fff !important;

}

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mgaretz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Agreed you can see the html but you can't see the real time style on the right.

It begs the question, why isn't the Jevents template correctly setting the background color of the tip? As far as I can tell, it's not setting any background color at all.
mgaretz

Postby Tonyp » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Can you therefore give me an example of this real time style?

As when you hover over the tip it loads the code(at the bottom of the source) and it's real style. You would then proceed and click the required code which loads the CSS to the right in the CSS section. Thus providing real time. This is exactly how I got the above code. Except I added the !important.

If JEvents is not pulling the background for what ever reason, it is a possibility your sites template is over riding it. Also depends on what tooltip type you are using? Joomla or overlib?

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mgaretz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:17 am

You are right, I stand corrected. You can see the css if you click just the right place on the line.

The template isn't overriding the tip css but it initially sets the div tag to transparent and Jevent should override that, but Jevents is not setting anything at all for the background property, so the tip div is staying transparent. Now Jevents should be overriding it because there's a setting that specifically asks for the tip background color to be the same as the calendar. How will that happen if they don't set it? I am using Joomla tip style, btw.
mgaretz

Postby susanjackman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 am

You aren't going to be able to see the code in firebug with firefox because you can't even put your cursor over the element as it sits off to the right off the link that you must hold your mouse over to make it appear. I scrolled through the entire thing and never saw it, it would only show me the styling for the main link. Perhaps firebug on a MAC doesn't work the same, I don't know? I don't even want to say how much time I spent trying to be able to see the code I needed. The option in the settings for changing the background to match your event page is actually just to make the color behind the text heading of the pop up match the color of your events category so that's not going to help with the background of the entire pop-up window. The solution by mgaretz to add a background-color property to div.jevtt_text worked great for me. I just wanted to say thanks mgaretz for following up this thread with your solution and let people know it worked for me as well!
susanjackman

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:43 am

You can find the HTML/css in firebug the tip appears st the very bottom of the firebug HTML.

Then change then remove the display class.

Glad you resolved it.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Previous

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)