Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Calendar popup background transparent

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby mgaretz » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:43 am

My calendar tooltip popups are transparent. They are set "joomla" and use calendar background color, however changing the latter makes no difference. In 1.5 they used to have a nice yellow background. How do I get the background back? I'm using the ext template.
mgaretz

Postby carcam » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:15 am

Which version of Joomla! and JEvents are you using?

Can you please check with firebug that your template css is not overriding the tooltip CSS?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby mgaretz » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:46 am

Joomla 2.53 and the latest Jevents. Firebug shows them as transparent (in computed CSS) but it's hard to figure out where it's getting set there, as it's a hover. You can't really click on it to see the code!
mgaretz

Postby Tonyp » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:53 am

Look at the bottom of the source after hovering over. it should show new tip code.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mgaretz » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Ya, ya, I can see the code for the tooltip, but not what css may be over-riding it.
mgaretz

Postby Tonyp » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Using firebug, when you have selected the code it will show the CSS to the right.
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby kylemwhite » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:52 pm

I am having the same issue. I see the code for onmousehover="return overlib( ..)

I think the issue is here:
, FGCOLOR, '#FFFFE2', BGCOLOR, '', CAPCOLOR, '#000000', AUTOSTATUSCAP

If I understand correctly, the background color is being set to ''. I don't know if that means transparent, or use some default, or inherit from something else, but the end result for me is transparent.

Is there a way to override that?

Thanks.
kylemwhite

Postby Tonyp » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Hello,

I believe you have the wrong piece of code.

Using firefox and firebug in the right hand column it will display the css and you can change the color live to make sure it is right.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby kylemwhite » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:16 pm

I've figured out a solution for my issue, maybe it will help others as well. All I had to do was go to the JEvents back-end Configuration>Main Monthly Calendar>Same background as event and set to No. Apparently my event background is transparent. I don't know how to change that either but this solves my problem.
kylemwhite

Postby mgaretz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:20 am

Kyle, that didn't work for me. Finally fixed by adding the background-color property to div.jevtt_text which is near the bottom of the events-css.css file for the template I was using (ext).

And Tony, you will never see that line of css in Firebug on the right because you have to keep hovering over it to keep the popup up and you can't move the mouse down to the console. I did use Firebug to find it, but just by scrolling through the css in live edit on the left and trying things.
mgaretz

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)