JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Multiple sharebars when using AddThis for Joomla

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby subc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi!

I'm using Jevents and AddThis for Joomla, and both extensions are working, but on Jevents' pages there are multiple bars, even 9 more than it should.
The extension I'm talking about:
http://support.addthis.com/customer/portal/articles/381232-addthis-for-joomla-#plugin
An example page I have problem with:
http://www.azsiafilm.hu/hirek/esemenyek.html
subc

Postby Tonyp » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Hello,

This is a problem with Add This. It appears to me, to load for every item of Jevents hence the multiples.

Can you get in touch with Add This and see if they have a suggestion?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby subc » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:32 pm

I tried to contact them, but no response so far. Meanwhile I installed and tried their module which seems to have no problems unlike their plugin. So the problem is kinda solved.
subc

Postby Tonyp » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:37 pm

I would advise the module yes, you can also use the Special JEvents module positions to have it included in a module position which your template does not have :).
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby trimtri » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:53 am

Tonyp wrote:Hello,

This is a problem with Add This. It appears to me, to load for every item of Jevents hence the multiples.

Can you get in touch with Add This and see if they have a suggestion?

It does not seems that this problem is from AddThis because it doesn't happen with Jevents earlier than 2.2.7 in yearly and monthly view. But in details view, there is also 3 more AddThis sharebars.
trimtri

Postby Geraint » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:40 am

AddThis is a content plugin - JEvents calls content plugins on several fields e.g. description, extra info, contact and AddThis is outputting multiple times once for each call.

It should either ignore JEvents altogether or know that it has been called on an item already by checking its "id" value.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)