Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

More pre-sales questions

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby janstu » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:59 pm

I have several websites with events calendars... I have created a Flash events calendar myself but it is xml based and difficult to teach others how to update. If there is a mistake in the code, it breaks the code from the mistake on...

I have been testing out the JEvents calendar for a month now. I am using the free version to start to see if it is the right calendar but my intention is to use a paid version once I see it is reliable. There are allot of great qualities to the JEvents calendar but I am having reservations.

These are my questions: Why does my yearly calendar on the home page lean left and the monthly forward backward buttons do not work? Why is only the small area of the month's name the only item to click through to the larger calendar set up on the inside calendar page. Why do some events not show up and others do even though they are inserted in exactly the same fashion? I guess my questions really is this: Does the free calendar not work properly and the other versions do work? Or will I still have those problems if I use a paid version. Right now it is unstable.

Also, do you recommend any type of security encryption to prevent the calendar being hijacked?

Thank you for any or all responses in advance. I do allot of websites for not-for-profits and I am hoping that JEvents is the right product for me. I have tested out MANY and so far JEvents is the nicest.

-Jan
janstu

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Hello Jan,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with 2.0.11, that is in fact a Stable Release, although 2.1.4 is out for Gold Members. I can only think that there is some thing wrong with your configuration / category's.

Sorry yearly calendar? which are you referencing to? the Yearly View? if so do you mean the text goes to the left? It is designed to do that, but can be changed by adding some simple !important to your template.css, as for the Navigation not working, it should I can only think it is your template conflicting? At which we can take a look for you if you were a Gold Member.

Are you referencing to the Monday Day number? This is because you will have the events within that box which are click able and load upon a user clicking the event.

All events should show if they are added correctly and category's are setup correctly. You might find you have defined category's within the Menu Item and not added the latest ones created. Therefore it will only show the selected category's events.

The stable Jevents Versions are:

1.5.6 - Joomla 1.5 only
2.0.11 - Joomla 1.5.25/1.6.6/1.7
2.1.4 - Joomla 1.5.25/1.6.6/1.7

By default we test the calendars with the standard Joomla template. Now as we use Javascript / Mootools certain plugins/components can clash by using them too, however they should not. If they do we are more than happy to take a look at their website for our Gold Members.

I hope this answers your questions? please feel free to ask some more :).

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:33 am

You may also want to look at the club layouts (available in different colour schemes) - see http://www.jevents.net/en/demo/all-events-150 and you can use the layout switcher module to try extplus, ruthin and iconic.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby janstu » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 pm

If I purchase the Gold Membership, will the JEvents labelling go away? We are a not-for-profit club and do not promote advertising. I understand that you should be paid for your work if your module is used. That is only fair.

I don't see anything wrong with the last event that was added yet it does not show up... The leaning left referred to the inner contents of the calendar, not how the text is aligned. The arrows on that same small calendar on the home page to go forward and backward for months, don't work and you have to press just a tiny area of the title letters in order to go inside to he monthly calendar, would prefer a larger area. Sorry for the run on sentences! :roll:

Is there a place on your website that shows the differences in the type of memberships that you offer to your JEvents club? Thanks!

-Jan
janstu

Postby Tonyp » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Hello Janstu!

We should be able to help you remove the Jevents Labeling once you are a member yes :).

There is probably a permissions/date issue, which is why the event is not shown. If you could post a screen shot of what you mean by the Leaning text that would help us under stand better.

If they do not work, I can only assume there is an error/clash with another script. We would happily take a look at this on your site though when you are a member.

You could increase the numbers size?

Yes there is, see here:
http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/features-chart

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby janstu » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:02 pm

I don't see where I can attach an image...

-Jan
janstu

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Can you create a new post in the Silver member forum? you should be able to attach the image then :).

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)