Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Can nott update J events 2.011

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby drkoray » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:52 pm

I use Joomla 1.7.3 on a Plesk server.
I use now Jevents 2.0.9. I tried to upgrade with Joomla Extension Manager -->Upload Package File. Result was 500 internal server error.
Than I unpacked zip file and packed again as tar and tried the same upload way. The result was

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\inetpub\vhosts\xyz.org\httpdocs\libraries\joomla\filesystem\archive\tar.php on line 149

I uploaded and upgraded calendar module from 2.0 to 2.0.2 with Extension Manager without problem.

Has anyone have any idea about the problem?
Any solution?

Sincerely.
drkoray

Postby Tonyp » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Can you try upload the .tar.gz version? that is a smaller file.

Otherwise you need to upload it via ftp and do a localised install.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby drkoray » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:26 pm

After tar.gz test the result was
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\inetpub\vhosts\xyz.org\httpdocs\libraries\joomla\filesystem\archive\tar.php on line 158

Then I upload unzipped files to a folder and succesfully installed.

Problem solved.

Thank You very much.

Sincerely.
drkoray

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)