Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Catergory list empty when editing my event as an author

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby gertrude34 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:03 pm

hi,

-I instaled a fresh version of joomla 1.7.1 with jevent 2.10.
-I set "Publish Own?" to "yes" in parameters.
-I create a user "test" and I add it in "autor" group.
-I Connect with user "test" in the front end.
-I go in the month wiew and click on the "+" button to create an event. I chosed "default" category", set the title and save .
-Then if I try to modify the event, Combo category doesn't display the "default" category. It is only displayed "choose a value" (or something like this cause I've the french version). so, I can't modify my event because category is madatory.

If I conect with admin, there is no problem.

Doese any one as the same problem?
gertrude34

Postby Tonyp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Hello,

What Permissions are you using? Joomla or Authorised User Mode?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby gertrude34 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:33 am

hi,

i use joomla mode. (ie: it is the user group wich allows user to create events)
gertrude34

Postby Geraint » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:36 am

Check the permissions for the category in Joomla - I suspect you don't have the permission to edit events in this category.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby gertrude34 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:06 am

hi, and thank you for your answer.

of course : the "autor" group don't have permission to edit this category. If yes it could edit events of anybody. so it only have permission to "Edit own events" (by default).

And I think the problem is Here : to load cetegoy list, jevent looks only at ("edit event") permission instead of ("edit event" or "Edit own events")
gertrude34

Postby Geraint » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:29 pm

do you have edit own enabled for the specific categories?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby gertrude34 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:36 pm

yes, that's what I meant when I said "it only have permission to "Edit own events" (by default)".

(scuse me for my poor english).

if I enable "Edit Events" in spécific category or in "permission", it works but users can edit other user events and i don't want it.
gertrude34

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)