Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Pre-Sales Managed People question

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby NickFrancis » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:59 am

Hi
Looking at possibly purchasing the silver or gold package but want to check the functionality before I do.

I'm setting up a website for a church and they are looking for a rota tool. The idea being they set up the Sunday services with slots for things like Preacher, Refreshments, Welcomer etc.

The registered web-members can then log-on front-end, see the events and select themselves for the relevant slots.

Firstly, is this possible vai the managed people add-on? (I'm looking at Gold for the e-mail reminders as well).

Secondly, is it possible to define/restrict people to certain tasks, so for instance a welcomer couldn't put himself down to preach?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks

Nick
NickFrancis

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Normally the event creator attaches the 'managed people' to an event but I guess there is no reason why I could not extend the logic to allow it to happen the other way around.

Are you using Joomla 1.7? If so you could define Joomla user groups to restrict which roles the people can sign up for.

I think this would be a good feature to implement and would be happy to work with you as a club member to make it a possibility.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby NickFrancis » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi Geraint
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I am using 1.7 and would be interested in getting this up & running. I've got six months to develop and build the site (when their current site lease expires). Would that be enough time to develop do you think?
Many thanks
Nick
NickFrancis

Postby Geraint » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:30 am

Certainly - the modification would only take a few days.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby NickFrancis » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi Geraint
That sounds great! I've just purchased the gold membership. What's the next step?

Thanks
Nick
NickFrancis

Postby Geraint » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:32 am

Can you start a discussion thread in the gold/silver member forum so we can flesh out in more detail how the functionality would work.
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)