Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - jEvents and swMenuFree

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Macal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi,

In my website I currently work with swMenuFree and I've installed jEvents+Calendar module. Also I've installed the language override plugin. jEvents is great, lovely and very intuitive interface. It's just awesome! But Im having a small problem...

What is happening is that whenever I click the calendar to go to the detailed monthly calendar, my menu is automatically translated to english. Despite the calendar is in portuguese, the rest of the page is translated to english.

Plus, I can't go back to pt-BR language by clicking at the flag in the translation menu. If I choose spanish, the page is translated to spanish. From spanish I can't go back to portuguese, If I try to do that, the page goes back to english (weird!). If I choose spanish > english and then portuguese, the page goes back to portuguese.

So I was wondering, is there any way to prevent this automatic translation when I click the calendar? I mean, jEvents recognize my default language (pt-BR), the calender is displayed in pt-BR, but the rest of the page is translated to english. Can I avoid this?

Thanks for any help.
Macal

Postby carcam » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:36 am

Which Joomla! version are you using? Are you using JEvents official language package (that can be downloaded from this site)?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Macal » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:37 am

Im using Joomla 1.5 and Im also using official jEvents language files.

As I said, the calendar is in my default language (portuguese), but when I click in the calendar mod (small calendar) to go to the full calendar page, everything is automatically translated to english (even though you do not request any translation), but the calendar is displayed in portuguese.
Macal

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Do you by any chance have a google weather plugin/module installed?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Macal » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:34 pm

No.

I have GTranslate installed for Google automatic translation.
Macal

Postby Macal » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:55 am

Anyone?

I'm still having problems.

=/
Macal

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:05 pm

That module has a bug in it where it resets the Joomla language field to an invalid value and so text translations after it will not work.

There are other google translate modules without this bug I believe.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Macal » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:51 am

Got it.

The problem was that I used M17n in the past, so the menu items were configured to a default language (PT-BR).

So when I click the calendar, it was translated to english (still a mistery why that happens) and the menu items changed back to english because of M17n.

So I removed the language option in the M17n parameter from the menu itens and now it is working just fine.

Thanks for the help!

=D
Macal

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)