Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Calendar Module Image Pathname Problems

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby kwaywhite » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:13 pm

I included the jEvents calendar module into an Acymailing newsletter. None of the pictures showed up in the newsletter. Further investigation returned an error 404 - file not found. The modules layout was set to EXT. This is the path in the final HTML document from my browser:

http://uuamarillo.org/components/com_je ... owleft.gif

The path should be:

http://uuamarillo.org/components/com_je ... owleft.gif

This should be an easy fix if everything is actually the way it appears. Where are all the paths kept?
kwaywhite

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Hello,

What images are you referring to just the one mentioned? it sounds like a possible configuration issue. What layout is the latest events module set too?

Thanks
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby kwaywhite » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:56 pm

In my last post I said the module layout is: ext

The pathname is the problem so one picture would not be affected. Maybe I didn't explain this thoroughly. The wrong path is: ".../views/alternative/..." the correct path should be: ".../views/ext/...". I have verified the layout setting to be currently "ext" instead of "alternative". I get the filenames that belong to the "ext" layout, but, the path belongs to the "alternative" layout.
kwaywhite

Postby kwaywhite » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Oh just to keep things correct, I also said in my post that it was the calendar module not the latest events.
kwaywhite

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:07 pm

Ok so your module is ext, what is your jevents layout? is that ext too or alternative?
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby kwaywhite » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:56 pm

It is alternative.
If I get your drift, this means that the layout of the modules must be the same as the component or you will get a 404 error. Because the component sets the path and the module sets the files that are used.

If all this is true, then this could be considered a configuration error. However, any setting that causes an error from the system should be prevented by the software by either forcing modules to use the component layout by removing the setting at the module configuration or by re-writing the code so that modules can use other layouts independently of the component setting. I would consider this a bug.

Of course I only mention this as an academic point since this is graciously given free of charge and I don't have time to correct the situation myself to contribute to this wonderful gift. I do however, have more money than time. I will contribute that way.

Will changing this setting to EXT solve the problem (other than copying all the pictures from the EXT folder to the ALTERNATIVE folder)?
kwaywhite

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:11 pm

Thank you for you detailed response, I am sure Geraint apreciates it greatly.

Unfortunately I cannot say if changing it will or will not fix the error as my laptop is in fot repair and cannot test this at the moment.

I will however consult with Geraint in the morning, should we agree it to be a bug I am sure there will be a fix in due course :).

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:50 am

The option to configure the module view/layout to be different to the component was added recently. Unfortunately we haven't yet been able to eliminate all CSS clashes between the different views :(

But back to your problem - Which jevents view did you specify in the Jevents config and which in the module that you are importing into your newsletter?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Tonyp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:13 am

I believe his module is EXT and the Jevents is Alternative Geraint.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)