Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Message when viewing monthly calendar

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby standib » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks, That partly worked. There must be another module to get to the control panel. Can you help?
standib
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:00 pm

enable all plugin's with system in as well.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby standib » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks. I thought the same thing so while I was waiting for your next suggestion, I started enabling anything that even looked like it might have to do with logging in or loading modules. Just as your email came in, I was successful. Thank you for all of your help.
Any ideas on my original problem?
standib
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:12 pm

No problem..

It can only be a permissions issue... how or why I am not sure.

I would check the menu item permissions and configuration, make sure it is configured properly and functioning the way you would like.
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby standib » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:22 pm

I have checked very permission I can find both within JEvents and the Joomla menu module and menu item. I also spoke with the Joomla forum. Here is their response: Dont know who at JEvents told you that but that language string is not present in Joomla but IS present in JEvents
JEV_NOPERMISSION="You do not have access to this service !"

Have I uncovered a bug?
standib
Silver Members

Postby standib » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:36 pm

JEvents seems to have corrupted the entire site. I am going to install my backup one more time. Is there a way to uninstall this component?
standib
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:45 am

It was me whom believed it was not a Jevents Language string as my localised search on a joomla/jevents installation did not report it.

Seems I was searching the wrong installation which in fact did not not jevents in!

Doing the search correctly has shown, that it is called and what it is there for.

What is the menu item that you are creating? basically looking at the code you are reverted back if you are not the event creator so it appears that the menu item you have created might be designed for event creators?

Why do you believe Jevents has corrupted your site?

You might want to try running as authorised user mode and enable and adding the authorised users, see if that helps.

You can uninstall it as normal and run:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10580

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby standib » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks for sticking with me.
I think JEvents may have corrupted the rest of the site because last night I was getting that same message in non-JEvents modules and the site in general was locking up.
Today is a new day but family and the holiday are taking over my life until Monday.

Last night I did install my backup copy of the site and it seems to be working although I have not tried to make any changes nor will I until Monday.

Please enjoy your holiday weekend and we can pick this up Monday.

Regards
standib
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:05 am

standib wrote:JEvents seems to have corrupted the entire site. I am going to install my backup one more time. Is there a way to uninstall this component?

This is not possible - the JEvents code doesn't affect other modules and component only runs on JEvents menu items.

I suspect you may have done something to your menu or module permission settings in Joomla.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby standib » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Hooray, you had the answer. When I create a menu item, the window of options only shows three choices for JEvents. Stupid me did not notice that I needed to use the scroll bar to see the rest of the options. I was selecting 'Manage events' ergo the message. Unfortunately, I ended up spending about five hours recovering from your associate asking me to unpublish ALL modules and plug ins. All seems to be working correctly now. Thank you for leading me in the right direction. Your product is awesome. I will be joining the gold support group soon.

Thanks Again
standib
Silver Members

Previous

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)