Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Joomla 1.7 installation problem clean up script  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Geraint » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:27 am

Some users have seen installations where the JEvents menu item is not visible in the backend of Joomla. If this occurs you could try this script - upload to the root of your installation, make sure you are logged in to the backend of your site as the root super user and then run it as http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/cleanInstall.php. Hopefully this will restore your missing menu item.

If you get other errors during install you could try running the script as http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/cleanInstall.php?cleanup=1 , this will remove some database references to JEvents in the extensions, assets and menu - you could then try re-installing.
Attachments
cleanInstall.php.zip
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 2869 times
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mads » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Geraint, I've tried this but it still doesnt seem to want to install. The odd thing is I dont get any message at all, the install page just seems to reload after a while. any suggestions?
mads

Postby Geraint » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:58 am

Can you try unzipping the tar.gz file and zipping it up as a .zip file. does it work now?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mads » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:24 pm

just tried that and still same problem.
mads

Postby Geraint » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Can you send me login details for a user who can install extensions via PM and I'll take a look.
Geraint

Postby trekracer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:43 am

We just installed JEvents to try it out, and we have the same problem as mentioned in this thread -- no JEvents component shows up in the Component menu.

The first time this happened, as I was looking for how to make JEvents work, there was no menu item type of JEvents in the Menu Manager either.

I ran the cleanup script without and with the cleanup=1, but we still have no JEvents component listed.

However, I noticed that the JEvents menu item types show up in Menu Manager now.

Thank you for your help!

JEvents 2.0.5
Joomla 1.7.1
trekracer

Postby idigdesign » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:25 pm

I can't see menu either in Joomla 1.5. Trying to run your clean install but I don't know exactly what this means: "make sure you are logged in to the backend of your site as the root super user and then run it as http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/cleanInstall.php.

I can upload the script to the root and log in as Super User to Joomla Admin but I don't know how to "run" the script.
Joomla 1.5
mySql server version 5.1.56
jEvents2.0.7
idigdesign

Postby carcam » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 am

I think this script is meant to be used in Joomla! 1.7, so running it in Joomla! 1.5 may have unpredictable results.

For Joomla! 1.5 I think the first shoot should be trying to reinstall the component.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby jmaier80 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:10 pm

I am too having this problem. I have tried to install cleaninstall.php however I receive the following error when I try to load it "Must be logged in to backend of Joomla as a super root user to run this script"

I am running
Joomla - 1.7.2
SQL Database - 5.0
JEvents - 2.0.10
Linux Server
jmaier80

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi Jmaier80,

Are you logged into the front and backend(this is the only login you should need though) of your site when running this script?

Thanks
tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)