Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

How to limit user to create event only to a category

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby adyjob » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:35 am

It is possible to limit a user to create event on a specific category only?
I had try a lot of setting on the ACL, yet not able to do so.
adyjob

Postby Tonyp » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:03 pm

It is indeed.

If you enable Authorised User Access, then goto Authorised Users In Jevents.

Add the user you want to be able to create events and and at the bottom of the Settings Page for that user you will see:

Applicable Categories

Select the Category you wish to limit him too.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby uscher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:23 pm

sorry dude, but this is not working here (JOOMLA 1.7.2 JEVENTS 2.0.10)

Apply all cats to user TESS

user tess has permissions to create events in frontend, but he cant select eny other cat that the "DEFAULT". User Tess is in the group "registered". This group has Joomla-rights to create new events.
In each cat user Tess is Admin and has Joomla right to create, edit, delete + publish/Manage Events
uscher

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Interesting.

can you use the All tick box and see if that gives them the correct permissions?
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby uscher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:41 pm

yeah, i did allready, but no changes at all, sorry. Maby i just do something else wrong?
btw: refresh the page, cache cleaning and so on did not change enithig. As you can see, in the FE create new Event the cats are missing, only the DEFAULT is there

uscher

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:37 am

1. Check the category is published and the access level is low enough for this user to see it
2. make sure you did enable authorised user mode in JEvents
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby uscher » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:04 pm

ok, thanks for your free support guys. I managed it to work now, but was quite a bunch of settings to made it work the way i want.
The main issue and maby important for developpers: even when deleting categories in backend, these are still in the Database even after clear cache.
I even had to uninstall the JEVENTS MYSQL tables manually after uninstalling the component in BE.
A complete fresh install did then solve my problem. And there is just one word for this beautiful component: Awesome :roll:
thnx a lot guys
uscher

Postby Tonyp » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Glad you solved it!

no problem at all :).

P.S. to make it more Awesome becoming a club member gives you soo many plugins/layouts :D

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)