Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Calendar does not fit into the template

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Raota » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:17 am

I hope I'm right here?
My problem is that the calendar is cut off on the homepage, thus do not adjust the template.
Where can I change that, please use Firebug've been trying to find the entry but no luck. Am I still have to give even beginners! Maybe someone can help me here.
I've also attached a photo.

thank you

The attachment Hompage Kalender.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Hompage Kalender.jpg
Hompage Kalender.jpg (201 KiB) Viewed 384 times
Raota

Postby Tonyp » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:24 am

Hello,

Go to Jevents from the extensions menu,

Then, go to configuration. once their select your template from the right hand side tab's. that should allow you to adjust your width to a few specified sizes.

If that is not enough let us know :).
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Raota » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:14 am

Hello tonyp,
only time to thank you for your help. I can not see anything about JEvents extensions, since only under all components is set to the inside except of course the size! or I misunderstood something? Should I look in the template for the settings? I'm really sorry I somehow can not find it easy!
Would be grateful if you could show me some way, perhaps? also like to send you more pictures if needed.

many many thanks
Raota
Raota

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:50 am

You are using the Ext layout and this uses a table to display the events.

Your problem is the title of the event on the 18th of the month - the text is VERY LONG which makes the table cell larger.

The net result is that the whole table is too big.

Your best options are:
1. Disable the right column on JEvents pages or
2. Make the font size smaller on this page using CSS amendments
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Alforrest » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Apologies for butting in on this conversation, I am having a similar issue but more with the JEvents module. Is there a way to centralise the "Geraint" Calendar within a module as it seems to be sitting to the left with lots of space to the right within the module.

Regards
Alan (Major Newbie)
Alforrest

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Yes it is indeed.

You will want to apply a CSS over ride.

Normally it is better the make it fit the module width.

You can find the required classes you need to over ride with Firefox and Firebug.

We can provide the code/guidance if you were a club member. or if you are unsure about css/over rides I can do it for a small fee.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)