JEvents 1.4

passed events

Postby EzerchE » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:15 am

Hello,

i have jevents module on my pages, i can show "upcoming events" with it, but how can i make a a module for "last passed events"? it will show events before yesterday.

Thanks.
EzerchE

Postby dlb » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Set your Display Mode to 1 or 3. Display mode can be found in the component configuration or module configuration, depending on which you have chosen to use. Mode 1 automatically gives you this week and next week (with last week thrown in if you don't meet the number of events to display) and mode 3 allows you to set a number of days in the future to search for upcoming events. In both cases, past events are only shown if there are less then the configured number of upcoming events.

Dale
dlb

Postby EzerchE » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:41 am

thank you, one more question,

how can i edit this part:

i want to change event links to my custom jreviews search results but i didnt find the right php file
EzerchE

Postby dlb » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:23 pm

I'm sorry, I can't help you with that one. :(

Dale
dlb

Postby EzerchE » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:32 pm

oh :(

and i didnt make the module for the show only past events. i am selecting 1 or 3 but it still show the future events :( i dont want to show future events, i just want to show passed events before this day.

Use Settings: Use Settings Below selected
EzerchE

Postby dlb » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:02 pm

I am sorry, I misunderstood what you wanted. I don't know of any setting that would display only past events. I'm not a programmer, just a user.

Dale
dlb

Postby EzerchE » Fri May 15, 2009 2:48 pm

i still didnt find a solution. how can i set the module to show todays events? its like this i want to show just new events is it so hard to make? please help me anyone.

Thanks.
EzerchE

Postby Geraint » Fri May 15, 2009 5:57 pm

There isn't a mechanism to only show past events at present I'm afraid.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mhayne » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:38 pm

I also need to have a list of past events. Our organization has regular meetings, for which the materials need to be accessible in the future, via a list of meetings. I tried setting up a separate category called "Past meetings" and showing only that, with Display mode set at 3 and the number of days at 365, showing 12 events. Even though I set it to show ONLY events from this category, it still pulled in a future event, from another category, "Future Meetings" (we also want to show a list of future meetings). The only way to NOT show this other event is to unpublish it, which defeats the purpose.

Even though there is no mechanism to show past events, I thought I had figured out a way to do it. Why would it pull in the events from another category? Is there somewhere that I can change the script to make this happen? This is a really good plugin, and we can make use of the features, if I could get this one thing to work.

Thanks, Mary
mhayne

Return to JEvents 1.4