JEvents 1.4

Redirect Loop Bug

Postby developerx » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:47 pm

The installation went fine for my joomla 1.5.8 (legacy mode ON). Then I went on to put in an email address in the configuration settings. When I press the save button after inserting an email address, after a long long wait I get a new page with this error:

Redirect Loop

Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is

redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?

* NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is probably a server configuration

issue and not your computer.
developerx

Postby developerx » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:51 am

Ok I found an answer here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1373

My question is how stable Jevents 1.4.3 or Jevents 1.5 ?
Is it reliable enough to be used on a commmercial site?
developerx

Postby Geraint » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:16 pm

1.4.3 is 'stable' its just 1.4.2 with some small changes to make it compatible with Joomla 1.5 in legacy mode.

1.5 is pretty close to a stable release - many commercial sites are already using it in production. That said there is an easy migration path to 1.5 from 1.4 so you can always change later.

1.5 has a lot more functionality, is prettier and is far easier to customise.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.4