Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Update to 2.0 from 1.5

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby cbcneenah » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:07 pm

Can I install Jevents 2.0 as an upgrade of 1.5.5g? Or do I have to follow a migration process? Aside from an eventual move to Joomla 1.7 (currently running Joomla 1.5), is there any advantages to using 2.0 vs 1.5?

Thanks!
cbcneenah
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:21 pm

JEvents 2.x is being actively developed - version 1.5.5 will only be updated if a security problem is identified and even then we may recommend upgrading to version 2.x instead.

It offers options to block overlapping events and also version 2.1 should be out next week which will offer enhance SEF settings and better control over spiders/crawlers on your site which should relieve server load.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby cbcneenah » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks for the reply! Enhanced SEF would be awesome!

But one question I still have is: is it a upgrade or a migration? Can I just install 2.0 over the top of 1.5?
cbcneenah
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:44 am

Install on top but you need to install and enable a special plugin to handle the new language file format.

See http://www.jevents.net/en/downloads/cat ... ts-20-beta
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)