Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Problem with th calendar frontpage

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby justin707 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Hello,
I have installed the jevent calendar for my website. When you first go to it, the events don't show up. If you choose "see by month" then it shows up. I need for it to show up once you go to the page. Can anyone help me? thanks ahead of time.
justin707

Postby Tonyp » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Hello,

What are you using as the "Front Page".

You define what is loaded by the menu items you create.

I.E. Yearly View, Monthly View, Weekly View, Day View etc etc
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby justin707 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:23 pm

sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject, if i cant explain it enough today, ill have a better answer tomorrow when my friend is around.

We installed the calendar component. We wanted any event coming up, or past events, to show up just by going to the page with the calendar. For some reason it doesn't, until you specifically tell it to "See by month." Then it shows up without a problem. I have gone thru every page in the configuration and as far as I can tell, I have activated everything that should display it.

Sorry if thats not informative enough, I will update my friend tomorrow, and get more details if needed.
justin707

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:42 am

Hello that is perfectly possible by selecting and configuring the correct link. So you create the menu item selecting it as yearly view will probably be the best one for you. then once that is selected configure it to show past events too.

Thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)