Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Default Access Issue for New Event  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby tpod » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:21 pm

A problem I noticed today that hasn't been an issue before:

When I go to create a new Event, the form automatically shows the default access level as something other than what I have set in the Default Calendar. And I only have one Calendar set up.

The default access level is supposed to be "Public" and is set that way in the Default Calendar settings, but isn't reflected in a new Event window (either frontend or backend). Instead, a different access level is set in the Access drop-down box.

Related to this, I am unable to Edit or Delete an Event that is created with the non-default Access Level set (this is how I noticed the issue to begin with, that and it wasn't showing publicly on my site). When I try to Edit it, I receive an error that says:

Sorry - This item may have been updated while you have been viewing the webpage. Please try again

If I try to Delete it, I receive an error that says:

It was not possible to delete this event

I'm running Joomla 1.7.2, Jevents 2.0.9(stable).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tracy
tpod

Postby Tonyp » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi Tracy,

As a temporary fix to get your events showing are you familiar with phpmyadmin by any chance?

I noticed this the other day on my test server but believed it was a local glitch and haven't had time to test it yet, I will look into it further and put it to Geraint.

Also.. what other Jevent Addon's are you using? if any.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby tpod » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Yes, in fact I was digging around in there prior to posting to this forum, because I wanted to make sure I'd exhausted all my own resources/knowledge.

I was able to find the _vevent table where the access is set for each Event and was able to change the access there.

This isn't a critical issue for me, but more for some of my users with Calendar create/edit rights. Most are not particularly tech savvy....

Tracy

** Oh, and I didn't see your question about plugins when I first replied. I've got the search plugin and Latest JEvents module enabled.
tpod

Postby Tonyp » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Ok so you have enabled them to be viewable now?

Are you on a windows server by anychance? just trying to narrow it down.

As it is happening for me on my localhost too. Jevents is just not updating the required table.
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby tpod » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Apache server (I believe, definitely not Windows server), via Dreamhost.
tpod

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:30 am

When you view your access levels in the backend of Joomla (not JEvents) - which is ordered first?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby tpod » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:21 pm

The "Band Member" access (which is the access level JEvents was erroneously defaulting to) was listed first (though numbered at "0").

I reordered the Access Level list and made "Public" #1; now "Public" is defaulting (as it was supposed to).

Fixed the problem, but it's not a solution for the future.

Thanks!

Tracy
tpod

Postby Geraint » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 am

The problem is that there is no 'default' 'low level' access level in Joomla 1.7 so we are forced to use the first in the list.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby elian » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:50 am

Hi Geraint,

ist there a solution now for the default access level?
Can i somewhere put in my own default accesslevel, when creating a new event?

Thanks,
Dennis
elian
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:33 am

Hi Dennis,

The default access level is selected based on the access level of the calendars. So if for example you set the calendars and categories for Registered Access when creating an event it will use the Registered Access Level.

Many thanks
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)