Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Another Installation Error 500

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby DesignFlaw06 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Forgive me since I am new at this. This is my first attempt at Joomla or at any CMS for that matter. I'm trying to install JEvents, but not having much luck. I'm hoping someone can tell me what is going wrong, or give me something else to try. Here are the details and what I've done so far. I've only managed to get one extension and one theme installed successfully, so I'm not having much luck on that front to begin with

Joomla V1.7.2
JEvents 2.0.7
GoDaddy Windows Host

1) Tried just a normal install. Obviously no go.
2) Installed PHP Settings (the one extension that installed correctly) and made sure the memory and timeout settings were increased per a recommendation for one of the site I found.
3) Turned debug mode on and off (it started with off anyway), and had no luck either way.

The GoDaddy page that it directs me to has no details about any kind of error. I've tried installing Joomla locally, but I'm struggling there too. It is just really frustrating to see everyone else have tremendous success, and I'm stuck scratching my head wondering what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
DesignFlaw06

Postby carcam » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:25 pm

I think some Godaddy users had a better luck using the tar.gz file. Did you try it instead?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby DesignFlaw06 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:02 pm

Yeah I did try the tar.gz file with the same results. Forgot about that one.
DesignFlaw06

Postby carcam » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:23 am

Can you provide more info about the error?

To solve it, did you check the folders permission? Did you enable the Joomla! FTP layer? (it might be needed by your host)
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Tonyp » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:44 pm

It might not help but can you try installing from a url, here I have uploaded a copy to one of my servers for you:

http://www.xtech.im/com_jevents_2.0.9.zip
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby DesignFlaw06 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:58 am

Sorry, I've been on vacation.

I tried to enable the FTP Settings, but I can't seem to get the thing to connect. I can log into the FTP server fine from my browser, so my user name and password are correct.

I tried the URL link too, with no luck.
DesignFlaw06

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:41 am

I think Akeeba has a tool you can install that will check and fix file permission issues on your server - it may be worth having a go at that.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:12 pm

It does indeed,

Its called Akeeba Admin Tools.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby DesignFlaw06 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Now I know I have something wrong. Can't even install the admin tools. The same 500 error page shows up.
DesignFlaw06

Postby DesignFlaw06 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:11 pm

OK, updated to PHP 5.3 on the GoDaddy setup. That allowed me to install the AdminTools. I ran the Fix Permissions (took forever, but it finished) and I still get the same Error 500 page.

I had a glimpse of hope, so I haven't given up yet. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
DesignFlaw06

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)