Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Help needed! Jevent 2.0.4 Translation installation  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby XingyiJuan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:22 am

Hello members,

I have a Joomla! 1.7 website and I just installed the French language pack (fr-FR_JEvents_2.0_J16.zip) found here for Jevents 2.0.4. The installation was successful but my problem is, even though the back end Jevent configuration panel is translated in French, the front end content doesn't even budge from English. I installed the Joomla! 1.7 French language pack, installed the Jevents language pack, set the default to French for both the site and administrator, added the French language to contents and activated the System - Languagefilter plug-in. I went through all the configurations panels at least 10 times and I still can't find something to point to the problem. I Googled endlessly for some guidance without avail.

Am I missing something? Is there some documentation available to guide me in the set-up?

Any comment or suggestion would be appreciated!
Thank you all in advance!
XingyiJuan

Postby carcam » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:17 am

Hi XingyiJuan, I have just checked the language package that you refer in your post and there is no error and works perfectly for me. Please take not of these considerations:

• What system language plugin did you enable? If you mean the one we provide in the downloads area, that's only needed in Joomla! 1.5 installations.
  • Some modules might cause your site to not work properly regarding the language settings, if you have any of these modules, try disallowing them.
  • May you please enable the system and language debuggins in the configuration panel and look for errors in the language files?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby XingyiJuan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 am

Thank you for your quick answer!

I enabled the system and language debugging, as you suggested and, lo and behold, the french language was indeed loaded for the Jevent components. Don't know exactly what happened, but my website is working perfectly this morning!

Incredible what a good night sleep can do ;)

Thank you again!
XingyiJuan

Postby AlphaNerds » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:58 pm

I am trying to get JEvents to use French instead of English. Multi language support would be great, but I really just need it to work in French. I can't even seem to get that to work. How do I do this?

Feel like I'm missing something obvious here... can anyone help?

I am using joomla 2.5 and JEvents 2.2.7.
AlphaNerds

Postby Tonyp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Hello AlphaNerds,

You first need to install the Joomla! translation and then make it your default and install the JEvents translation.

Then jevents will automatically pick it up.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby AlphaNerds » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Yeah, I had done that already. Site has been in French for weeks now... but for some reason its working now. Only thing I did different was turn the plugin off, and then on again. Seems to be functioning now. Thanks for the reply anyway. Cheers!
AlphaNerds

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)