Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Question about email notification component

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby crystalm36 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:47 am

Hello,
I have some questions about the email notificaton component that goes with the calendar. Does is work with Joomla 1.7? And if so, I know I will have to purchase a Silver membership for 6 months, can I still use this email component after that 6 months is up?
Thank you for your time
crystalm36

Postby carcam » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:05 pm

The latest version of the notifications plugin works perfectly well in Joomla! 1.7 and when your membership expires you may use the addon in any site you want, but you will not be allowed to get the updates in the addon.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby crystalm36 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:35 pm

Sounds good. I was trying to find out a little more information about this plugin before buying a subscription in case it isn't what I was looking for. Does the New Event and Event Change Notifications email users who signup of a new event posted or changed? And how do users signup to receive emails? Do they register at the Joomla site or is it something they can register through the plugin itself? The reason why I am asking is that I do not have the registration for new users set up on my Joomla site just yet and was wondering if I needed to do that.
Thanks
crystalm36

Postby Geraint » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:03 pm

These are good questions - I need to do a demo video/write up to explain.

In brief:
1. You configure different types of user who receive notifications from the different joomla user groups on your site, event attendees, event invitees or those who have requested reminders. Addititionally there is a module where registered users can say which categories they are interested in receiving notifications of. Its not possible to request notifications based on email address alone - they must be registered users.
2. the config options allow you to control new event (actually when the event is first published), changed events and unpublished event notifications in different ways.
3. You can set the changed event notifications to only go out AFTER you have confirmed you are ready - i.e. you can make changes over a couple of hours and then decide you are ready to notify people.
4. The sending of the email is controlled by a crontab job

Hope that helps

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)