Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Question (request) about JEVENT

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby annfinnt » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a (event) calendar for my church homepage.

What I'm looking for is:

1) a calendar that integrates in to the side 100%, admin cp and all.

2) back end adminCP and possible to edit from front-end

3) when a service or any other event is added, this event has to be displayed in the top right corner of the site, e.g. in format: #type_of_event, #day, #time. Maybe the next 4-5 events...

My church homepage is http://www.livsinsord.fo (it’s brand new, so it’s currently being updated). The language is in Faroese, but I'll assist in any way I can to help you understand.

This is approx. how I want it to show: http://i.imgur.com/WnWMV.png

Translation:
Tiltøk = Events
Møti tíðir = Event/service time

I'm currently using an embedded google calendar which is not connected to the box in the top right corner.

Is JEvent able to fulfil my needs?

I appriciate any help

Regards,
A. Thomsen
annfinnt

Postby carcam » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:45 pm

I think JEvents and its related modules will suit your needs perfectly. You can just download it for free, play with it and ask any questions here in the forum.

For your requirements you will need the main component, the latest events and the legend module (3 of them are free to download in our downloads area).
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby annfinnt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:29 am

Hello,

I have now installed the jevents mods, and they do work.

I however do have slight problems with the module "latest JEvents". As seen on my chruch homepage (www.livsinsord.fo) I can't manage to get/move the text to the right. Its is currently on the left and even overlapping my logo. I created a new position for this module called calandar (followed some tutorial editing css, php and xml files).

This is how my site looks like now when I have the "Latest Jevens" mod activated: http://i.imgur.com/8JPHp.png

Help much appriciated!
annfinnt

Postby carcam » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:26 am

Adding this code to your template css should work:

Code: Select all
#calendar {
    margin-left: 615px;
    margin-top: 20px;
    width: 300px;
}

Anyway, the problem is with that "calendar" position, that is not defined properly.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby annfinnt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Thanks alot, that worked perfectly! :)

Now, I think I only have a few problems that can be bundled to one...

Check here: http://www.livsinsord.fo/index.php/tilt ... 11/10/06/- <-- this is my calendar site.

On the big calendar, I can't see the dates (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) if I mark off the site (ctrl+a), I see the dates. Seems like the background color is the same as my font color. However, in the back-end admin I've set the config option "Site template has dark background" to 'yes'.

Also, the 'latest jevent' (which you helped me moved), I can't for some reason change the fonts (as they also are the same as my white background). I've tried differant layouts, but without luck. I'd also want to choose anoher font-style, which is bolder and more... 'robust'.

Thanks in advance!

A. Thomsen
annfinnt

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:10 pm

I would recommend you the firebug addon for firefox and right click on the text you can't see and choose 'inspect element' then you can see what is driving the style and experiment with alternative values.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby annfinnt » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks for you help guys, I now have my church homepage as I want it! :)

http://livsinsord.fo/ (check the top right corner! :D )

A small question, how do I change sunday (the days are in English), I want it to be in my language (which is Faroese).

There is no Faroese joomla package that I'm aware off for 1.7. So I might have to change it in the hard-code.

Any help?

Thanks in advance,
A. Thomsen
annfinnt

Postby srigger » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi

You can copy the english language files and then translate them into Faroese
srigger

Postby annfinnt » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:32 pm

Will this change what I want in the upper right corner (I'm using Jevent latest, I've read somewhere that ppl have had problems with the dates etc. only showing in English?
annfinnt

Postby srigger » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:45 pm

If you can danish here is one om my site where I use the Jevent latest module on front and the dates are in danish

http://www.christiansmindespejder.dk/
srigger

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)