Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Installation Database Creation Issue

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby voc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:09 pm

I have successfully installed the various modules and components for jevents.
We are running Joomla 1.6.
I get the following error when i click on the jevents component config from the joomla control panel and it tries to create the database:

RSS

Fatal error: Cannot make static method JRegistry::getInstance() non static in class JEVConfig in /mnt/stor12-wc2-dfw1/607997/www.oshwalnairobi.org/web/content/administrator/components/com_jevents/libraries/config.php on line 0

Look forward to soem help from you soon.

Best regards,

NICK
VOC
voc

Postby Geraint » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:09 am

You either have an out of date version of JEvents or more likely your server has xCache installed. xCache has a bug in the way it handles conditional class declarations.

JEvents 2.0.1 out later today includes a workaround for this annoying xCache bug.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby voc » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:26 am

Dear Geraint,

Thank you for the information.
I did download the latest version 2.0 and that was causing the issue.

I will await for the latest release 2.0.1 to sort the bug and then re-install the same and let you know how it goes.

Awaiting for the release
Nikunj - VOC
voc

Postby voc » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:39 am

Hi Geraint,

I have tried looking for the new Jevents 2.0.1 in the downloads section BUT did not find it.
PLease give me the location of the download - so that i can get this going on our website.

Best regards,

Nikunj - VOC
voc

Postby Geraint » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:30 am

yesterday ended up being hectic - I've just uploaded version 2.0.1 now
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby voc » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:13 am

Dear Geraint,

Thank you for the same.

I have managed to download the new version and successfully install on the site.
Just configuring the events and will then place the calender and latest events on the website.

Will come back to you once all is configured.

Thank you for the update - IT WORKED !!

regards,
Nikunj - VOC
voc

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)