Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Incomplete page with Joomla 1.6

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Bowico » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Using Jevents 2 and Joomla 1.6, tried to set up a event calendar (first timer). Created an event, and a menu item that links to the Jevents calendar. A page is displayed but it is basically a white page with a title line and a print button. Found similar reports on this forum that suggested mem.limit may be too low, checked that and it is not the case here (memory_limit=96M). Other suggestion was that certain required components are missing but that seems to be related to an other version. (could not figure out which components anyway). So now I'm pretty much lost. And it looked so easy on a youtube 5min tutorial :lol:
Last suggestion i've found was to switch error logging to max, but i cant find any resulting log files.

Any ideas?
Bowico

Postby carcam » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:50 am

I guess you are using the latest JEvents 2.0 and the latest Joomla! 1.6.

Which layout did you configure for your component? Did you set up the timezone settings in the JEvents configuration area (first tab)?

Have you tried any other JEvents menu items?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Bowico » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Thank you for your time. Version details at end of message.
Your suggestions:
layout: left it default at first, and tried all(ext-geraint-alternative-default) later, no changes whatsoever.
timezone: was not configured at first, but setting it does make no difference.
menu items types: also tried some (not yet all) also no single pixel is different.

Please let me know if there is something else to check, especially PHP error (but where can i activate and find the log)

Version info:
Joomla! 1.6.0 Stable [ Onward ] 10-Jan-2011 23:00 GMT
Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
PHP Version: 5.2.17
Bowico

Postby Geraint » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:32 am

php errors will either be displayed onscreen on in a log file (you'll need to check with your webhost where this file is).
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)