JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Installation Problems

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby BliXem » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:00 am

Hi I love this component, I use it on my own website. I am trying to install it on a friends website but with no luck. I have tried everyting but nothing works. When I install in with Joomla auto install, it installs then asks to setup the database which is fine but when it takes me to the save config page and I click save, a popup window comes up asking if I want to save a index.php file to my desktop? When I go to the Components -> jevents, it does the same thing?

System info:

PHP Built on: Linux
Database Version: 5.1.54
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.4
Web Server: Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) PHP/5.2.4
Web Server to PHP interface: apache
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.23 Stable
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0)

Directory permissions:

Everything is Writable.

Could someone please assist me. If an admin could help me I could provide a admin login.

Thank you.
BliXem

Postby Geraint » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:28 pm

1. Try enabling maximum error reporting on your server - any error messages?

2. Try increasing the memory for php

3. If this doesn't help make sure there are no security addons that may be overzealously blocking the form submission of the component parameters. Some apache addons limit the number of form elements or block some keywords.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby raul28 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:41 am

looney69 wrote:I have an other installation problem.
I get a white error screen with the message:

Unable to create target folder

I t seems it has installed the files in the component folder (ftp prgogram), but there is nothing installed in joomla.

is there a folder I have to check for CHMOD?

It seems they have all a CHMOD of 755

I am a bit of noob around here. so please help me.

Use FTP to change the permission of the folder!
raul28

Postby Diveanx » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:53 am

My problem is it does not install the database? I am using Joomla 1.7 and the newest stable version of JE
Diveanx

Postby Diveanx » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:14 pm

This is what I get when I try to install

1056 - An error has occurred.
Invalid controller: name='config', format=''

Return to Control Panel
Diveanx

Postby Geraint » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:11 pm

try unzipping and uploading to a server and then install from the directory where you uploaded the unzipped package.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Diveanx » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:38 pm

When I tried uploading the files via FTP and try the install I get "Unknown File Archive" Please help.

I have used this event calendar for a long time and want to continue using it on this new site so if you offer and install I would gladly pay you if you can do that for me. I just need it up and working soon
Diveanx

Postby Geraint » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:15 am

unknown file archive suggests you didn't unzip before uploading
Geraint

Postby sujith » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:50 am

thanks!!
sujith

Postby tanis101 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:54 pm

thanks for advices
tanis101

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)