JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Mini-calendar specific hyperlink

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby andrechapleau » Mon May 09, 2011 10:45 am

Hi,

I downloaded JEvents after many tries with other joomla calendars. My problem is: I get too little... and too much!

My needs for the website I'm working on are in fact very simple: a mini-calendar displaying the different dates of a single event (representations of a musical show) where the users can just click on the dates to be redirected on a external website (to buy tickets).

Is it possible with JEvents to be redirected on an external website without going through a path of display windows?

Thanks,

André
andrechapleau

Postby carcam » Tue May 10, 2011 6:51 am

I think you can use JEvents for that, but I am not sure that it's the best option actually.

You may create the event and use the Extra Info field or another one to set the URL of the event, after that you should overrides the Calendar module view to get the link and replace its current link with the field you chosen to work with.

You might consider using Attend JEvents for the Whole process and I think everything will be much easier. You may see a demo on this link:

http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/ ... uick-intro
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby andrechapleau » Mon May 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Thanks for your answer. Sorry I took that much time to answer you back: I got other issues I had to adress...

I looked at 'Attend JEvents' and I decided it does'nt suit the purpose of the current calendar. I really need something simple, that is to link the event date to an external website that sell the tickets.

I tried to find the way to override the calendar module and replace the link with mine, but failed to do so. Is there a specific php file, or something, where I can replace the hyperlink?

Sorry, I'm not very used to these kind of things.

André
andrechapleau

Postby carcam » Mon May 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Which files did you try to change ?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby andrechapleau » Tue May 31, 2011 12:02 am

I did'nt try to change any files... I just looked at the files trying to find some obvious thing to change, like an explicit link, something like that.

But I'm obviously not very good at this yet, so I did'nt find anything.
andrechapleau

Postby carcam » Tue May 31, 2011 6:51 am

I guess you do not have any background in Joomla! programming. To made those changes you have to take a look at the file "default.php" in the modules/mod_jevents_cal folder of your Joomla! install. Just play a bit with that file and after you are used to it, we could try to do an override ;)
carcam
Team Staff

Postby andrechapleau » Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm

It does not start well. :( There is no default.php in modules/mod_jevents_cal folder. There is a Default folder in the tmpl folder, with a calendar.php file inside, but I guess it's not what you're talking about.

I just read a little about module override, so I think I understand the principle behind this. But why I can't see any default.php? I did something wrong? I'm not looking at the right place?

I'm clueless.
andrechapleau

Postby Geraint » Tue May 31, 2011 4:46 pm

that is the correct file you have found - Carlos was giving you the filename from memory I suspect

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby andrechapleau » Tue May 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Thanks Geraint.

Now all I have to do is to figure out the part I need to change and a way to override the file. :)

If I understood correctly, I'll have to copy the calendar.php file in my template folder so I could change it.

Something like that?
andrechapleau

Postby carcam » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:08 am

You are near the end of the tunnel, Bravo!!

This link shows you how to do an overrides for the component:

http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... jevents-15

There are some differences when trying to override the module, for instance the folder should be called: mod_jevents_cal.

The easiest par will be to find what to change in calendar.php ;)
carcam
Team Staff

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)