JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Installation Problems

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby infotel » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:36 pm

it was the Ninja Shadowbox module; after I disabled it all worked fine!

Thanks Geraint, all your suggestions were precious!
infotel

Postby itchibahn » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:47 am

Getting an error on both package install and directory install using either .zip or tar.gz. Specs are fresh installed Joomla v1.5.20, just downloaded JEvent 1.5.4b (xml indicates 1.5.4a), PHP 5.2.12 w/ memory_limit=128M, MySQL 5.0.90, Apache 2.2.14_5, on FreeBSD 7.1.

Code: Select all
        * Component Install: DB function failed with error number 2006
          MySQL server has gone away SQL=INSERT INTO jos_components VALUES( 0, 'JEvents MVC', 'option=com_jevents', 0, 0, 'option=com_jevents', 'JEvents MVC', 'com_jevents', 0, 'js/ThemeOffice/component.png', 0, '', 1 )
          SQL =

INSERT INTO jos_components VALUES( 0, 'JEvents MVC', 'option=com_jevents', 0, 0, 'option=com_jevents', 'JEvents MVC', 'com_jevents', 0, 'js/ThemeOffice/component.png', 0, '', 1 )

* Error Loading ModulesMySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id WHERE m.published = 1 AND m.access <= 2 AND m.client_id = 1 ORDER BY position, ordering
itchibahn

Postby Geraint » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:33 am

This is either a timeout error or a memory error - try increasing these settings (see the first post about memory and here about time limits http://php.net/manual/en/function.set-time-limit.php).
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby itchibahn » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:43 pm

I had already tried increasing memory_limit and max_execution_time by three folds, but that didn't made any difference. After playing around, strange enough, disabling FTP in joomla loads JEvents w/o problem. Funny thing is that other components have no problem loading w/ FTP enabled. Must be something in FTP server setttings..
itchibahn

Postby infotel » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:44 am

I found another bug with my Jevents components; I installed the club version (I got a 12 months gold membership), but when I click on the events, the calendar gets damaged (like shown on the attachement).

how it's possible?
Attachments
problemaJevents.png
problemaJevents.png (31.34 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
infotel

Postby Geraint » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:08 pm

Not a bug in JEvents but a bug in another module on your page. Your very helpful photo tells me exactly which one.

The google translate module you have is very badly written and resets all the Joomla language strings so that any module that appears on the page beneath it looses all its translations - hence the odd text you see.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby EugenP » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:00 pm

I just bought the Gold Memembershiop and I have a lot of problems. The documentation is far for covering the issues, some pages contain only the title. Since there is no "Contact Us" link on this website, it looks like posting here is the only way I can try getting some answers. If you guys don't contact me ASAP, I am going to inform my credit card company to cancel the transaction. Sorry, I don't have time to go through 100 posts to find the answers to my questions. I paid in full for your services so you should provide them.

Thanks,
Eugen
EugenP

Postby pcole87 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:27 am

* PHP: 5.2.14
* Joomla!: 1.6.1
* JEvents: 1.5.5d
* Web Server: Apache
* Server Operating system: Linux
* Database version: MySql
* memory_limit: 32MB
* Web browser: Firefox

So I have tried all the suggestions listed at the start of this thread, but I still have a problem. I am running Joomla 1.6.1 and use GoDaddy as a host. The problem I run into is immediately after the blue success bar it goes to a white page that says:
1056 - An error has occurred.

Invalid controller: name='config', format=''

Return to Control Panel

After that I click on the link to go back to control panel and two messages appear:

Error loading component: , 1

Database Table Setup Was Required

I am assuming these show up because of the 1056 error.
I have about 2 years php developed experiences but this is my first run with Joomla. I've also tried installing Gcalender and that seems to have worked, but I would really prefer to use JEvent. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
pcole87

Postby Geraint » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 am

Jevents 1.5.5 is not compatible with Joomla 1.6.

JEvents 2.0 is compatible and is available as a beta to all JEvents club members - I expect it will be publically available in ~ July sometime.

Joomla 1.6 is very new and a lot of addons are not compatible with it yet - most professional site developers are still developing new sites on Joomla 1.5.22.
Geraint

Postby pcole87 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:06 pm

A makes sense now. I had seen on the Joomla extensions page link that it was good for 1.6, but I guess I should have read the download link I clicked on more carefully.
Thanks for the quick reply.
pcole87

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)