JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

More Presales Questions

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby mjselinger » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:22 am

Hello. I'm newly registerred and looking to use jevents (gold membership) but need to ask a few questions first.
We operate sites across the country (US) for others to post their events. We do host our own. Nor do we need event reminders or emails. Our previous provider discontinued (Thyme).

I did not see these features specifically mentioned. Can you tell me if they are covered with your calendar?

-Registration for the person adding the event
-The ability to change only one event in a recurring schedule
-A copy feature for repeating events across different local calendars for ease of entering in several events by one host.
-The ability for the moderator to easily change calendars in case a listing got posted on Washington DC and it was meant for Washington State.
-All events are held for approval...(Very important...many events entered do not meet our criteria).
-Notification to the appropriate moderator that a new event submission is awaiting their approval - and a copy to admin. Approval notification to host
-Editing capabilities for the event host (or whoever originally posted the event)
-The host registrations should be exportable into a CRM system

Thank You
Mjselinger
mjselinger

Postby mjselinger » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:27 pm

...and I see that I am in the wrong fourm. Please move to the appropriate section. FYI when I tried to post under "JEvents 2.0 for Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.5" I was told that I did not have permission to post there. Somehow, I thought I got around that but ended up here.

Mjselinger
mjselinger

Postby Geraint » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:56 pm

mjselinger wrote:Hello. I'm newly registerred and looking to use jevents (gold membership) but need to ask a few questions first.
We operate sites across the country (US) for others to post their events. We do host our own. Nor do we need event reminders or emails. Our previous provider discontinued (Thyme).

I did not see these features specifically mentioned. Can you tell me if they are covered with your calendar?

-Registration for the person adding the event

Event creation permission is either on a user type basis or user specific. for the user specific permissions you can control the specific categories/calendars that they can post into. you can also decide if they can create/publish/re-edit/edit-all/publish-all/delete-all events.

So permission is quite fine grained.

There is a club addon that can auto create registered users with a standard set of permissions.
-The ability to change only one event in a recurring schedule

This can be done in the frontend or backend - changing dates/times/descriptions etc. is all possible as it removing specific repetitions.
-A copy feature for repeating events across different local calendars for ease of entering in several events by one host.

If by calendars you mean menu items displaying a set of events then in JEvents you can control which categories and 'calendars' (an internal collection of events quite distinct from frontend menu items) are displayed so the same event can appear on several menu items with out the need to copy it.

There is also an event tagging club addon which would allow you to further refine which events are shown on which page.
-The ability for the moderator to easily change calendars in case a listing got posted on Washington DC and it was meant for Washington State.

Authorised event editors change change categories and calendars for an event.
-All events are held for approval...(Very important...many events entered do not meet our criteria).

All based on the permissions you assign - so some users can be blocked and others allowed to self-publish.
-Notification to the appropriate moderator that a new event submission is awaiting their approval - and a copy to admin. Approval notification to host

Standard features - in your case the moderator would be a 'category administrator' responsible for approving events in a specified cateogry(ies).
-Editing capabilities for the event host (or whoever originally posted the event)

Subject to the permission settings you choose - yes.
-The host registrations should be exportable into a CRM system

Thank You
Mjselinger

Events can be exported in iCal format and imported into many calendaring systems.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mjselinger » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:16 am

Thank you!! Very helpful!
mjselinger

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)