JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

How do I place the Calendar into the main section of my page

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby hockmasm » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:50 pm

Great component! Thanks for sharing!

Right now the component shows up here:
http://localhost/joomla/index.php/calendar and my left sidebar and right sidebar are missing from my template.

How can i place the calendar into my mid section (component) the place where my article text shows up?

Thanks!
hockmasm
Bronze Members

Postby carcam » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:03 am

The url you posted is located at your home computer and it is not accessible in the internet by that address.

If you want to show the minicalender just before your articles, your template should have a module position in that place.

If you want to put the main calendar instead of your articles, you just have to change the menu item type of the "home" and change it to "JEvents monthly calendar".
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby hockmasm » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:20 pm

I posted some pics so you can understand better.

Here is my current layout:

Here is what i get after installing Jevents. Linking from a menu items causes the Jevents to be in the center of the page, but i am missing my left navigation.

Here is what I want. I want to place the Jevents inside the article area - keeping my sidebar. I will eventually add a Right Sidebar to the page too.

hockmasm
Bronze Members

Postby carcam » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:40 pm

To show the menu in the left column, you have to go to the modules section of your site and configure the menu modules to be shown in that menu item.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby hockmasm » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:06 pm

i dont understand what you mean.

I don't want it in the left part. I want it in the middle
Like this:

left sidebar - middle article content (calendar here) - right sidebar.

That is how my template is set up. I can turn on or off the right sidebar depending on the page that a person is on. But the left sidebar always is there. It is the sub navigation.

Right now, I have a menu item called Calendar. I linked it to the JEvents Calendar. On that page all that is shown is the Header, Middle with Calendar aligned left, and Footer.

I dont want that, I want 3 columns. Calendar in the middle.
hockmasm
Bronze Members

Postby hockmasm » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:23 pm

i think i fixed my problem. i just noticed that i have a Sub Menu that shows up whenever the Main menu item has Sub Links.

The calendar link does not have a sub menu, obviously. So i created a test module, published to the left, and it showed up!

I also noticed a Calendar item showed up in my Module list to show in.
hockmasm
Bronze Members

Postby susanpaz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm

I am having the same issue. I created a menu item and it shows up but left and right modules are gone as well as top menu, main menu, and user3 postion. I have checked in both the menu settings and in the module settings to see that the modules are enabled for the menu item. What do i do next?
susanpaz

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Hello susanpaz,

This is joomla! you have created a new menu item for JEvents so you need to associate the modules with it.

Go to Module Manager, select the missing modules and add the new menu item to the page assignments. Or just select Appear on all pages.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)