JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Presales questions

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Geraint » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:52 am

No problems - its always best to understand what you need and what the application can do before diving in.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby RogerLaurel » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:17 am

Absolutely true! Especially when you are being funded by other people who are placing the business requirements for the product & expect what they are paying for to perform. They will be upset, sore & reluctant to fund our purchases again if they do not work!

A question for clarity. On your December 4th response you said that an "Admin or Event Creator" can add enrollments on behalf of someone who makes a telephone enrollment.

1. When you say "Admin or Event Creator" are those an additional role scheme which is added to the Joomla! system with the Gold Subscriber add on? Is the "Admin" a Joomla! Super Administrator or is this a different administration role which comes with the add on?

2. Does this "Admin" have complete enrollment power to add or remove enrollments? We don't care, just people (trouble makers) are asking me for absolute answers.

Thanks again,
Roger
RogerLaurel

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:49 am

In AttendJEvents (by default) this means "administrator" and "super administrators", in RSVP Pro it means "managers" and above.

For AttendJEvents there is a config option to allow managers to do this

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby RogerLaurel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:03 am

Thank you again.

Unknown to me, when I disclosed my research, I was told there is a JEvents permission structure, (separate from Joomla! or DocMan which has it's own permission structure) which was never enabled at installation.

(I did not install JEvents. Another individual did, but I was not told details of the installation action or what was observed.) It seems I owe you an apology.

I am not sure if "Joomla! Super Administrator" is where they want people to be to enroll someone who is not capable of enrolling themselves.

They may have to "turn on" the JEvents permission structure to obtain the control they want.

However, the are fears that too many permission structures may become unmanagable.
RogerLaurel

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 am

In Jevents itself you have 2 permission options:
1. Specific user permissions with fine grain control , or
2. Joomla user type based permissions - standard Joomla approach.

It sounds as though you want option 2 which doesn't require any extra permissions management.
Geraint

Postby RogerLaurel » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:56 am

Is it possible that JEvents Gold & RSVP Pro send out documents 24 hours in advance of the event to all enrolled participants? (Stored in DocMan or another location)?
RogerLaurel

Postby Geraint » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:18 am

At the moment attendees can request a reminder message and its sends out a standard email with a link to the event a configurable time before the event. You can add the docs as links or downloadable files within the event description so that they can be downloaded.

The next phase of development will allow custom reminder messages where you can include links specific to the event.
Geraint

Postby profound1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Hello,
I have a requests to automatically notify all users of a particular scheduled recurring event. We don't register for events. Mostly they are scheduled and placed on the calendar in the backend. Is this possible?
profound1
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 pm

There is a new addon which allows you to notify users when new events are created - is that what you are asking?
Geraint

Postby profound1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Geraint wrote:There is a new addon which allows you to notify users when new events are created - is that what you are asking?

I'm not sure. We have an event that occurs monthly. It's mandatory. A staff member mentioned that, at one time there was advanced email notification, which made it easier for her to remember. There is a reminder on the site, and the event is in the calendar, but she thought the emails would be more effective. Can I use the addon you mentioned to do this?
profound1
Bronze Members

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)