JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Presales questions

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby RogerLaurel » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:17 am

Who can I communicate with about JEvents Silver / Gold Club features before I seek funding from our board.

We have specific requirements which I have not seen mentioned here. I posted them here once in late October but the post seems to have been removed with no response. I would post them again, but I need assurance that our 3 questions will be answered.

I would appreciate a response.
RogerLaurel

Postby Geraint » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:08 am

Best thing to do is ask the question here in the public access forum.

Strange that your other post disappeared - perhaps the form didn't submit properly?

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby RogerLaurel » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:26 am

Thank you Geraint for responding.

We are using JEvents 1.5 but considering upgrading for more features.

Our requirements for an enhanced calendaring tool are:

1. If a registered user enrolls for an event & later cancels, we need a history of the enrollment to justify contracting for the size of physical room. (We cannot accept payment & have no leverage to force attendance. However, our sponsor wants justification for our resource requests.)

2. May an account with administration power enroll or cancel someone other than themselves? (Phoned in enrollment to our administration desk. Not all our members are computer literate!)

3. Can an enrollment roster be printed out?

Thank you in advance.
RogerLaurel

Postby Geraint » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:35 am

In RSVP Pro there are several states - attending, will not attend, may attend, pending approval, pending confirmation of email address.

You would have a record of those who say this will and those who say they won't attend. It doesn't track those who way this will and then say they won't - but we may be able to put a css option in so that only those who are attending can choose the option to say they will not then this would give you the information you're after I believe.

Admin and event creator can change the attendance state of any attendees.

You can have a list of attendees that is public, private to attendees or private to event creator/admin.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby RogerLaurel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:13 am

My sincerest apologies for not responding quicker. Been away for about 10 days.

Not sure if the RSVP Pro solution would work. Perhaps more background would help you understand the requirements placed upon my product search.

We have no leverage to require payment or attendance requirement upon those who enroll in our classes.

Those who enroll & do not attend (no shows) are not a problem. We can justify the request for the classroom resource because they accounted for as enrolled & we have made space for them.

Our problem, is those who enroll & cancel 24 hours before our classes. We must still justify why we requested such a large classroom resource. It is not unusual to have 12 enrolled in a class (classroom capacity 15) & have 9 cancel within 24 hours before class commencement.

Our sponsor has 14 other customers who request the resources as well. We must compete & contract for the resource 30 days before our scheduled use. We have no liberty to change the classroom resource on short notice because attendees cancel. Often because our sponsor's other customers are using the other classrooms.

However, we must justify why we contracted for such a large resource. Last minute cancellations must be recorded for why we believed more would attend than actually did.

This is why enrollment & cancellation history is important to us.

Can your product assist us meet this requirement?
RogerLaurel

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:14 am

As I said we don't have a history BUT we can simulate something similar.

When you register for an event there is an option to say "yes" I will attend or "no" I will NOT attend.

What I propose for you is to disable the "no" option UNTIL they have already said "yes".

So you would have a list of those who said "yes" and those who said "yes" and THEN "no".

There would be no date history but it would give you the basic info you need I think

Geraint
Geraint

Postby RogerLaurel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Thank you Geraint. I think you have a good workaround with RSVP Pro.

I have been performing a search for RSVP Pro on this site & it appears to me not to be an JEvents product at all. I keep getting a response that says, "You must be a club member to do that."

What level of club member?

I did find an RSVP Pro with a Google search, but I am not at ease with their omission of OS or NOS requirement.

I must be missing something fundamental with searching for open source products & solutions.
RogerLaurel

Postby RogerLaurel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 pm

Thank you Geraint. I think you have a good workaround with RSVP Pro solution you offer.

I have been performing a search for RSVP Pro on this site & it appears to me not to be an JEvents product at all. I keep getting a response that says, "You must be a club member to do that." What level of club member? Cost? Is there a license interval which must be renewed?

I did find an RSVP Pro with a Google search, but I am not at ease with their omission of OS or NOS requirement. Nothing is said about system requirements or if it was built to work with Joomla, JEvents or anything else. It looks to be an Email marketing & Event marketing service.

I must be missing something fundamental in searching for open source products & solutions.
RogerLaurel

Postby Geraint » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:34 am

Its a gold member addon - anything you download as a member you can use for ever. Membership lasts one year and you can get support and updates during this period. If you wanted updates or support then you would renew otherwise there is no requirement to do so.

See http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/join-the-club

Geraint
Geraint

Postby RogerLaurel » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Thank you, again, Geraint.

I believe this is what we want.

I now (believe) have adequate information to approach the board to seek funding for a gold membership.

I hope they have not added any further business requirements to the product needs which I will have to pester you with further questioning.

Thank you again for being so patient, understand, tolerant and helpful!

Sincerely,
Roger
RogerLaurel

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)