JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

new event is saved but not displayed

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby procca » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 am

Same here. Was able to create two events with the same category but couldn't create a third under a different category. Also is not compatible with ddrfs plugin.

Cheers
procca

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:59 am

justinw1970 wrote:I was in the backend looking at http://localhost/test/administrator/ind ... event.list
I had created an event as an author which was called test, and I was trying to publish it.
I then clicked the publish icon which came up with the error. I also got the same error when I looked at the event.

I can't recreate this in Firefox or MSIE 7.

Which browser are you using? Are you using the latest code from Subversion? Can you give me the info in the pink box?

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:00 am

procca wrote:Same here. Was able to create two events with the same category but couldn't create a third under a different category. Also is not compatible with ddrfs plugin.

More info please e.g.

How was this "different category" created? What sort of user was doing it? Frontend or backend? etc.

Geraint

p.s. never heard of the ddrst plugin - what does it do and in what way is it incompatible?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby justinw1970 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:04 am

Ok, It only happens so far as I am aware when I am in the backend trying to authorise a front end authors submission of an event to the calendar.

I am using the following but I don't know the SVN of the Jevents I am running, although it was downloaed yesterday. I will see if I can follow your instructions to get the latest SVN and see if I have the same problem.

* Joomla 1.5.9
* XAmpp 1.70
* J Events 1.53Alpha
* PHP 5.2.8.
* Firefox 3.0.5.
* Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.8
* MySQL client version: 5.1.30
* PHP extension: mysql

I can't recreate this in Firefox or MSIE 7.

Which browser are you using? Are you using the latest code from Subversion? Can you give me the info in the pink box?

Geraint
justinw1970

Postby rubo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi

I have this problem too with the SVN update from today 19.jan

Any hints ?
rubo

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Can you provide the pink info from above. Also
please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Geraint
Geraint

Postby rubo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:58 pm

Sorry here it is

PHP Version 5.2.6-2ubuntu4
Joomla! 1.5.9 Production/Stable [ Vatani ]
Jevents 1259 updatet to ??? today via svn (can't find build number)
Webserver : Apache/2.2.9
DB version : 5.0.67-0ubuntu6
Mem limit 16M

After creating category and new event i get only : "Published, but is Coming"
Category is published.

Nothing shows up in calender component.

Can't see any log/error files beeing generated
rubo

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:12 am

The "publish but is coming" problem was fixed in revision 1254 - check lines 62-80 of administrator/components/com_jevents/views/icalevent/tmpl/overview.php.

Did you publish the event?
Geraint

Postby rubo » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:29 pm

yes i did publish it (or tried to)

svn says version 1262 and i just tried :
delete all ical tables
db setup
create category + publish it
create event
it says published but is comming

I do not understand it
rubo

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Can you PM me admin access to the server to take a look?

Geraint
Geraint

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)