JEvents 1.4

Using jevents in a wrapper on another site

Postby basswood » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:10 am

I want to use my jevents calendar in a wrapper on a companion site, so I don't have to maintain two calendars.
So in other works I want to show just the calendar of site A on site B, not the rest of the joomla site. I have figured out how to make this work partially by using the &tmpl=component parameter in the url. This works perfect until the user of site B was to click something on the calendar of site A. Then the page inside the wrapper loads the whole joomla page not just the jevents compoment of site A.

Any suggestions?
basswood

Postby Geraint » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:18 am

2 options.

1. write a system plugin to force the tmpl=component setting when loaded from an iframe
2. If the companion site is a Joomla site then export the events from one site and import into the other and use a cronjob to keep them in sync
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.4