JEvents Announcements (Free Access)

JEvents 1.5 status update

Announements from the JEvents team

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:58 pm

First of all apologies that I've not had much time to spend on the forums in the last few months. The big problem is that JEvents generates no revenue and so paid work always seems to take priority.

The good news is that in the last few weeks I have spent a lot of time on development of JEvents 1.5 (thanks to financial support from a client :D ).

This has involved:
  • A major rewrite to bring the codebase inline with the MVC model of Joomla 1.5.
  • Lots of new sexy features (e.g. deletion of all future repetitions, cloning events, google maps lookups on location, advanced filtering of events)
  • User specific controls on creating, editing, publishing, deleting events
  • Implementing many new plugin mechanisms to allow the extension of the component and linking it to other components or adding extra fields to the events detail
To achieve all this we have decided to concentrate on the new iCal event representation so when JEvents 1.5 stable is released you will need to migrate your old style events to the new data structure.

I hope we'll have a pretty stable JEvents 1.5 by the year end.

Going forward I anticipate that we will create a JEvents Club (similar to the Joomfish Club) where paid up members will get:
  • access to new releases in advance
  • access to member only forums where the developers will concentrate their support efforts
  • exclusive member only addons

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents Announcements (Free Access)