JEvents Translations (Free Access)

Problem with Bulgarian Translation

The place to discuss and post translations of JEvents

Postby regs4000 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:07 am

There is a problem with the Bulgarian translation when it comes to translating the months' names. As you can see from the photo, they are replaced by question marks. The days of the week, however, translate fine. All the files are saved with utf-8 encoding, so I could not identify where the problem lies.

Could someone please help.

Thank you.
Attachments
bulgarian.gif
bulgarian.gif (19.71 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
regs4000

Postby Thomas » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:50 pm

The names in error come from the operating system library and not from JEvents translation file. This requires the correct install of the operating system locale package.
Are you working with Linux or Windows?
Thomas
Site Admin

Postby regs4000 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:26 am

The site is currently on my local computer (Windows-Apache-PHP-MySQL) and will be transferred to Linux eventually. The bulgarian translation for Joomla in general, however, seem to be working fine. The dates (month names, weekdays, etc.) appear fine on content items, for instance - 'publishing date' etc. I only get question marks with the Jevents component.
regs4000

Postby Thomas » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:01 pm

This is a Windows problem. The encoding of the names is not utf8. It will work with a correct customised Linux system. I'll put it on the task list for a workaround.
Thomas
Site Admin

Postby regs4000 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:01 am

No worries. I'll test it on a Linux server.

The way your code parses the dates, however, is something to consider in the future. At the moment, the names of the weekdays appear fine on the top row of the monthly calendar view. However, when I switch to 'weekly view' they turn into question marks. Obviously, you code pulls the information about the weekdays differently, in the two different cases.

Thanks for the promt reply. This is a great extension, and I'm looking forward to its stable release.
regs4000

Return to JEvents Translations (Free Access)