JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

How to Join?

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby realview » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:39 am

You seem to have good product but I have to tell you, you guys suck, suck, suck at business. Try as i might I haven't a clue how to even join. It seem impossible to just add a subscription to a shopping cart and checkout. No other site seems to try so incredible hard to drive away business. You have 3 layers of crap just to register in the forum. This is not surprising to me for Joomla. I can't believe the dysfunctional nature of Joomla sites. Focus for got sakes if you want to make a business of this. I know it's too much to ask, but can you possible explain hot to actually join? I can go to the page that looks like it has join buttons and all it does it pop up some crap that then magically disappears before I know what the hell it's talking about. Then I can go to two other pages that talk about the new club but don't have a single link to joining! Is this a joke site or are you for real and serious about a business? How can people trust you? Think about it!
realview

Postby Geraint » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:53 pm

Sorry you found the process confusing.

1. From the top menu on the homepage "JEvents Club => Join the Club".
2. Put in your forum nickname - this is validated using AJAX and you should get a green background once this is confirmed as a valid nickname
3. Click the product you want from the detail page "add to basket"
4. The popup window should say "product added to basket" and give you a link to your basket in both the popup and the main window.

You then checkout as normal.

The forum nickname part is a real pain but the Joomla based forums that were available when we launched were not adequate for higher volume sites so we had to go for phpbb3 which has a separate login.

I hope this makes things a little clearer

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ericwayne » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:34 am

That was an incredibly patient or restrained reply on your part Geraint. But I couldn't help laugh because I totally identified with the guy posting. I just posted somewhere else because I'm trying to get a straight answer as to what a subscription is for. Does the plugin I want expire when the subscription expires? I need a private calendar for my users to share with friends only. Will the CB JEvents plugin do this for me? What subscription do I need and will that plugin keep working after my subscription expires.

Thanks for your patience.
ericwayne

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Private events are enabled by the 'User Specific Events' addon - this addon is required for the CB plugin to work too.

Most plugins are available as a silver member, are un-encrypted and can be used indefinitely. The timelimit on membership only restricts your access to new versions and updates together with access to the club forums.

Gold membership currently provides access to 2 with advanced event registration addons and has a 12 month life instead of 6 months.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ericwayne » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks for the quick response! You're a good guy and you have a great product. Sorry if I'm a little slow but are you saying I need to install:

(1)"User Specific Events" plugin

(2)"CB JEvents" plugin

And I need to purchase the "Gold Membership" for this to work?

Also, how much is that in American dollars since PayPal doesn't seem to translate this.

Sounds like a fair deal and I want to purchase, I just want to be clear.

Thanks again for your patience.
ericwayne

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:08 pm

No - you only need silver for these addons.

According to Yahoo (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EURUSD=X) the current spot rate is about 1.38 which means about $55.

Geraint
Geraint

Postby ericwayne » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks, I've joined!
I had problems and I've been searching the forum without any luck.
Install for com_jevents_1.5.4 went GOOD.
Install for plug_cbjevents went GOOD.
Install for mod_jevents_latest and plg_jevusers show:
Upload showPlugins - Upload Failed:
ERROR: Could not find a CB XML setup file in the package.
Upload showPlugins - Failed
Installation file not found:
/home/content/86/5548686/html/media/install_4b6c9aac6f7ec/

Thanks,
Eric
ericwayne

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:30 am

Are you installing the mod_jevnets_latest/plg_jevusers using the normal Joomla installed (you should not use the CB installer for this)?
Geraint

Postby ericwayne » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:44 am

Thanks Geraint, that was it! It's working!

Great product! Great deal! Great support!

Thanks again,
Eric
ericwayne

Postby Gibson019 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:38 am

what are system requirements?
Gibson019

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)